• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers Cut Down Day Thread

Jeremy Igo

So.. if you are on the Panthers, and got cut. Do you wait to say anything untill they announce PS. If you didnt make PS, do you immediately move, or hang around for a month or so to try to get picked up? 

Usually the GM will tell a player that he plans to put him on the PS if he clears waivers. Otherwise, I doubt a player hangs around hoping to be picked up.

Sent from my XT1585 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Again, you're not a professional scout or talent evaluator. Gettleman is the one getting paid to do that. 

So the fug what.. We are allowed to have our opinions about his decision just like any other profession we don't get paid for...

This corporate robot thing you choose to be is your thing.. Cool

Don't be so defiant when others choose to not be company men..

20 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Also if we were keeping guys on potential, Sanchez should've never been cut

Actually I think that was the main reason why he was cut. 

5' 9 175 gambler, with avg speed. What's the upside here? He performed better than Worley, but Worley made the team all because of potential. 

Any chance Sanchez becomes anything more than maybe an average starter at nickel one day maybe? 

The Panthers don't think so.

Which begs the question why did they draft him in the first place.

1 minute ago, emhoward said:

Actually I think that was the main reason why he was cut. 

5' 9 175 gambler, with avg speed. What's the upside here? He performed better than Worley, but Worley made the team all because of potential. 

Any chance Sanchez becomes anything more than maybe an average starter at nickel one day maybe? 

The Panthers don't think so.

Which begs the question why did they draft him in the first place.

there's a lot of question marks around this guy. I think 4 draft picks is the lowest number of picks the Panthers ever had going into a season. And it might be 3 if we cut Sandland.

1 minute ago, ncmonzta said:

rather have kept garret and developed him. how many years is bersin going to be on the roster for 3 receptions a season?

Practice Squad = Keeping him and developing him.

And if you watched preseason, Bersin is better than him right now 

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Have your opinions but don't pretend to know what you're talking about. We hear you whiners complain all season long.

And by the way, it's that cold business decision making that has made us a stronger team. So, yes, the corporate way has worked.

I don't pretend to be able to run the government either but I can see my politicians doing a bad job..

Gettelmen is a good GM but he isn't perfect and is not void of criticism...

You don't have to remind "everybody" that he gets paid and we don't when we disagree with some of his decision... You've been doing this same stick for years at this point you should just cut and paste that statement...

Archived