• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers Cut Down Day Thread

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

DG might have made a mistake by drafting need instead of BPA but he will always put what he thinks are the best 53 on the roster come cut day. 

Will be interesting to note how many 5th rounders and picks after Sanchez are cut league-wide today.

Sanchez is a rookie trying to learn to play pro football at a very tough position.  Gettleman must really feel he's not worth the investment in development on the 53.  If he clears he will def be on the practice squad but I can see a team less deep and talented than the Panthers securing him and allowing the process to play out one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

If he keeps Sandland over Sanchez, that will be one of the most mindboggling things ever.  

Yep. Also even if Sandland is cut, it means we only have 3 picks from this years draft on the roster. I think that's the lowest in Panthers history. Hell, I think 4 is anyway.

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

No, it just means that you can't fathom why one raw rookie made it over another raw rookie. In addition, our depth at TE is thin. We're fine at CB.

Dude, no.  Just no.  If it's so thin, why didn't we keep Lucas?  Just stop.  You have no clue what you're talking about.  

Archived