• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers better equipped for the Broncos.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

I would line up in shotgun with Tolbert in the backfield on the first play. Tolberts only job on that play would be to take a full head of steam and crash right into Von Miller as remmers is securing the inside. 

I would do this over and over and make a clear statement that Von Miller will not be winning the game for the Broncos in week one. 

If we had a RT to do that, which he's supposed to, we wouldn't need to depend on others doing that

3 minutes ago, beastson said:

If we had a RT to do that, which he's supposed to, we wouldn't need to depend on others doing that

Von Miller makes almost all right tackles in the NFL look bad. He's a great player and saying one guy can handle him all game is probably a disservice to the player he is.  Even the best tackle in the game is gonna need help on him from time to time  

I know most on this board write Remmers off as a terrible tackle after the Super Bowl, but his and Oher's consistency at tackle through the other 17 games, sans the Atlanta game, were a huge part of why the team won 17 games last year  

Just now, bigdog10 said:

Von Miller makes almost all right tackles in the NFL look bad. He's a great player and saying one guy can handle him all game is probably a disservice to the player he is.  Even the best tackle in the game is gonna need help on him from time to time  

I know most on this board write Remmers off as a terrible tackle after the Super Bowl, but his and Oher's consistency at tackle through the other 17 games, sans the Atlanta game, were a huge part of why the team won 17 games last year  

I'm referring to your comment about sending a message. Otah without the injuries would have sent the message loud and clear in the SB, especially in the run game

IMO, I don't think running the ball will be the deciding factor. As Jeremy mentioned, Denver is comfortable having 7 or 8 men near the line of scrimmage. The Panthers have to show that they can win their individual matchups on the outside. We need the physicality of both KB and Funchess in the run and pass game. Personally, I don't want to see Ted Ginn or Philly Brown getting the majority of the snaps or it will be the same result. 

12 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

IMO, I don't think running the ball will be the deciding factor. As Jeremy mentioned, Denver is comfortable having 7 or 8 men near the line of scrimmage. The Panthers have to show that they can win their individual matchups on the outside. We need the physicality of both KB and Funchess in the run and pass game. Personally, I don't want to see Ted Ginn or Philly Brown getting the majority of the snaps or it will be the same result. 

A legit power run threat actually allows play action to work.  

Philly Brown actually had a good game.  He did well.  That is why Talib freaked.  And on the breakdown, if Remmers had held for literally a second....Cam was looking at him on other plays he had gotten open on.

20 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think this game comes down to actually catching passes and not fumbling the ball a half-dozen times.

Denver gave us plenty of chances. Cam connected with his recievers plenty of times. 

Just hold onto the damn football.

W

Understatement of the thread so far.  People whining about Remmers,  when he's far from the only reason we lost that game.  Hell, go watch Denver's season, and tell me who Von wasn't teeing off on, especially with Ware on the other side...

We had several opportunities, and blew it.  Quit pointing out individuals, when the whole offense sucked, sans Philly.

46 minutes ago, beastson said:

I'm looking at the first play, if Cam said fug throwing I'm just going to run as soon as Von over-pursue he could have got some big gains

Cam would have had a good running lane to his left on that play if Norwell didn't get beat. It wasn't just Remmers who played a bad game in that SB.

Personally, I think it will come down to whether the Panthers can run the ball or not. A good CONVENTIONAL running game would do wonders for slowing down that pass rush.

I think if we can get started with a fast paced no-huddle to start with and gas their Defense early, it'll help set the tone for the game.  Keep them on their heels and don't let off the fuggin' throttle.  This is as big of a statement game as ever.

Well, here goes.  It is the season opener next week.  Jeremy, I can't disagree entirely with your assessment, but the weak link to me is Shula.  It's no secret that you are very pro Shula and I am not.  The Broncos will come hard and fast and often.  Our line (I hope Remmers has improved a lot) will be key to stopping the Broncos.  Yes, if Cam can get rid of the ball quickly (he still has a problem with that) that will be a game maker.  You also have to consider the turn around for us is 7 days compared to the Broncos 10-11 days (I believe they played Sunday).  That's an advantage to the Broncos.  Who will win?  I have no doubt that the Panthers will win.  I fear injuries because of the short turn around and how dirty the Broncos play.  It will be an interesting game.  I can't wait for SCP to give us details on his ventures. 

Your first words to me at a tailgate, Jeremy, I'll never forget.  You said, 'TPF, I don't agree with you ......... I think a lady came by about that time and you forgot what you were going to say.  Here's to respectful banter from now until after the Superbowl.  Are we allowed to say, Superbowl?

Archived