• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers better equipped for the Broncos.

Jeremy Igo

We have to capitalize on the lanes and zones left open by blitzing defenders....at least one WR needs to have the option to take a slant or drag on every single play until they soften up and when they soften up J stew needs to pound the rock. Idc if Cam doesn't complete a pass over 10 yards the whole game, get the ball out fast and nickle and dime them all the way down the field.

Im excited for the game, can hardly wait! That being said, I think what's on the line in this game is much more than one football game. We saw last season what the right kind of momentum can do for this team. When Cam gets in the zone, he is almost unstoppable. But if the season starts with a loss next thursday, I think it is up to Rivera and the crew to put the game behind as quick as possible and move on. A win will in some way continue the huge momentum from last season, but a loss can do the opposite. If Panthers can come home with a W, and get the revenge they're looking for, I think that will boost the team a long way into the season..

the short strikes IMO have always been the weakest part of Cam's game.  I think that is why Shula stays away from it.

You could also look at last season prior to our game.  NE has the best short game attack in the NFL.  Denver's pass D can adjust to it as well IMO.

I think Jonathan Stewart and Cam got to truck some clowns.  Old school football.   I think running will be huge and the biggest factor.  Yeah, we need to use short passes but we need a real rushing threat to aid in the pass protection.

Jonathan Stewart is the man I am looking at.  Has he ever been this healthy to start a season?

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

-_-

Yep... Stewart is the reason why our offense lacks bite. Nevermind that defenses stack the box and that he manages to break at least one tackle on average in the backfield. It's Stewart's fault. 

I think you misread. He wasn't blaming Stew, he was saying that the running game is more key than short passes in this game and Stewart is the one who needs to carry that (which I agree with)

10 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

-_-

Yep... Stewart is the reason why our offense lacks bite. Nevermind that defenses stack the box and that he manages to break at least one tackle on average in the backfield. It's Stewart's fault. 

I wasn't knocking Stewart.

He got hurt on what, his first carry of the Super Bowl?  He wasn't right the rest of the game.

Stewart is healthy.  Healthiest I ever recall going into a season.  He going is going to grind IMO week 1.  It will help our O.  Our offenses is always at its best when Cam and Stew are ready to pound people.  It helps everything we want to do setup 

5 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Again, how is that Stewart's fault? I, again, point to Shula for that. How many times did he actually give Cam a dump off option?

No one is faulting Stewart.  A healthy Stewart is simply a reason why we will be better. 

I would line up in shotgun with Tolbert in the backfield on the first play. Tolberts only job on that play would be to take a full head of steam and crash right into Von Miller as remmers is securing the inside. 

I would do this over and over and make a clear statement that Von Miller will not be winning the game for the Broncos in week one. 

Archived