• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints sign Paul Kruger - with Panthers in mind?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, thebigcat said:

I'm not going to laugh at this signing. The Saints D got just a little better with this signing, Kruger is a good player

When did the saints get out of cap hell?   What do they have like 2 mil to play with this year lol 

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

Saints will still finish last. They'll battle it out with the Falcons for that title

Saints better hope they finish last.  They're in no mans land right now.  If I was a fan of the Saints, I would want them to tank so bad.  But, they won't.  Because their QB is too good to tank, but their defense is too bad to make the Playoffs.  It's a lose/lose in their situation right now.  

5 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Saints better hope they finish last.  They're in no mans land right now.  If I was a fan of the Saints, I would want them to tank so bad.  But, they won't.  Because their QB is too good to tank, but their defense is too bad to make the Playoffs.  It's a lose/lose in their situation right now.  

yeah it's like a bizarro version of the late fox/delhomme years

just good enough to steal a game or two they shouldn't have been able to on the way to 7-9 or 8-8

3 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

yeah it's like a bizarro version of the late fox/delhomme years

just good enough to steal a game or two they shouldn't have been able to on the way to 7-9 or 8-8

Agreed 100 percent.  It's that Matt Moore year before he became the starter the year after.  When Brees is gone, I think they barley win 2 to 4 games.  

13 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Good..  fug em.  Falcons are heading that direction with shitty Matt Ryan 

11 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Good..  fug em.  Falcons are heading that direction with shitty Matt Ryan 

We'll see on them, their defense is middle of the pack already.  They just need a pass rush, but if they keep moving their parts around on defense.  I don't know if that will happen.  But yeah, Matt Ryan is just average.  Dude use to be a beast, now he throws picks in the End Zone like it's going out of style.  .  

28 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I'm not upset with the changes they've made the last few years. Picking in the middle of the pack is a tough position to be in, but I feel like the Saints have done a good job completely rebuilding the defense the last few years. The offense has gone through a bit of a retooling as well. Offensive line is the major concern going forward. 

I think we're close.

4 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

We'll see on them, their defense is middle of the pack already.  They just need a pass rush, but if they keep moving their parts around on defense.  I don't know if that will happen.  But yeah, Matt Ryan is just average.  Dude use to be a beast, now he throws picks in the End Zone like it's going out of style.  .  

Yeah, I know. I just want them to struggle. Damn I hate the Falcons 

The Saints have definitely done a poor job of trying to maximize Brees' final years.  As mentioned earlier, at this point given their current team, Brees is probably doing more harm than good by keeping them from getting a top pick and a chance at a franchise QB to build around and bleeding their cap space dry. You can't build around a QB as old as Brees.

Archived