• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints sign Paul Kruger - with Panthers in mind?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Browns 2014 depth chart.

3-4 defense

Kruger at olb

https://www.profootballfocus.com/2014-depth-chart-cleveland-browns/

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Apologies. Misunderstood the situation. Apparently they switched him to strong side linebacker and had him drop into coverage more last year. Thought he played end before. 

I would assume they're going to have him play with his hand in the dirt. Not sure how that turns out.

Kruger is indeed the homeless, drug addicted, strung out, smoking salvia with a gas mask on, shooting heroin into his anus, miami face eating zombie,  sh*t his pants, dried piss cooked tighty whities, vinegar smelling ass, crack pipe heating, occasional couch surfing between shelter stays version of Von Miller.

But, yeah...  Nope.

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Well, yeah. I'm not saying it will work, but do u think it played a roll

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Kruger is very different from Miller. Miller is one of the best if not the best speed edge rusher in the NFL. That's what our OL struggles with -  speed off the edge. Kruger, even though he's a 3-4 OLB, is very much a power player. He relies on power moves with the bull rush being his favorite where as Miller primarily utilizes techniques that emphasize his speed and quickness. He'll rip and dip to try to get around rather than through a blocker. Kruger is going to try to go through you because he doesn't have the speed to get around you. 

They've played the same position, but they go about it in very different ways. 

Lol, in all seriousness though, Jeremy, I was hoping we would give him a look but I'm not worried at all about them.  Other guys they've had were a lot more intimidating - like Cameron Jordan, Junior Galette, etc.  Kruger had the measurables, but it's never added up to much in the league, outside of an amazing MNF performance years and years back.  He's not getting any younger either.  I really think Denver is a one of a kind defense that can't be played by anyone else.  It's the combination of two HOF pass rushers and DBs with back end ability to stay with their man in coverage.  I'm not scurred.

Archived