• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston is a bright spot

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

That could have been just the call though. The LBers do that all the time.

Like I said all of this was post snap, and before the QB threw the ball.

Also the LBs do it because although blitzing their assignment is the back out the backfield. It was a totally different look than that. 

2 minutes ago, Tarheels23 said:

Like I said all of this was post snap, and before the QB threw the ball.

Also the LBs do it because although blitzing their assignment is the back out the backfield. It was a totally different look than that. 

Well I'm not gonna pretend that I know the calls because I don't, but I find it hard to believe that he can just blitz anytime he wants.  

4 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Well I'm not gonna pretend that I know the calls because I don't, but I find it hard to believe that he can just blitz anytime he wants.

To be honest it looks like the call was for him to blitz and he just stopped when the QB threw a pump fake and started backing up into a zone. I'll go back and look again. 

1 hour ago, Tarheels23 said:

To be honest it looks like the call was for him to blitz and he just stopped when the QB threw a pump fake and started backing up into a zone. I'll go back and look again. 

Who knows? Maybe he was just trying something since he knew it was preseason. I haven't even re watched  the game because I don't think there is much for a novice like me to learn from it.

I like Tre Boston though. I like his athleticism and from what I saw at UNC and with the Panthers so far, he is a good tackler. I'm not going to count that one whiff or the Blount hurdle against him. People keep saying he was spotty at UNC but he switched positions and/or defensive schemes every year he was there and he was often trying to cover up for young players mistakes, which made him look like he was out of position at times.

Archived