• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston is a bright spot

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I don't know...

there are also a lot of plays where he just hurls his body around and really isn't effective. 

I do think there is some Godfrey to his game.  The clip in the OP kinda backs it IMO.  Godfrey was actually a decent blitzer and good at attacking plays at the line.  Godfrey was horrible in the open field.  Tre to me hasn't looked good in the open field (and the natural ground a S covers) vs runners 

Bingo ... perfectly said.  Will make an occasional big play but routinely takes bad angles in open field.  He doesn't even have to get juked ... he just misses.  In pass coverage, he routinely seems a step behind or a second late.  Sorry, but don't share the enthusiasm.  He isn't a cerebral safety and will end up hurting us more than helping. 

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Gettleman is forcing Rivera's hand to play Boston with his personnel moves.

Same song and dance. Rivera does not trust Boston. Rivera wants a vet safety signed who he will likely start over Boston. Gettleman will not make the move until Rivera gives Boston a shot. Gettleman wants his guys to play.

I personally like Boston and would love to see him get a chance. He does go rogue a lot and finds himself out of position, but he makes plays when his gambles pay off.

Is that the same song and dance we saw with Cason starting over Norman?

jeremy sees him on a regular basis so i can't compete with that, but tre has looked very shaky to me. he's talented but wildly inconsistent, often making major mental errors in pass coverage.

he is also a far better run defender than pass defender.

i'm not sold at all

10 hours ago, fieryprophet said:

He whiffed badly on a few tackles too, I really wish he'd break down his tackles and not launch himself at the ball-carrier. But got to take the good with the bad.

Yeah, I thought that also. You'd think that the fundamentals of good tackling would be embedded in his brain and second nature by now. His inconsistency concerns me to a degree. Sound tackling is superior to overaggressiveness. 

21 hours ago, fieryprophet said:

He whiffed badly on a few tackles too, I really wish he'd break down his tackles and not launch himself at the ball-carrier. But got to take the good with the bad.

This sums it up nicely. Bruh needs to wrap the fug up man.  But other than that he's usually around the football.  I predict big things for him this year. 

Archived