• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston is a bright spot

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, davos said:

Boston has had a rep on him since colelge as being spotty.  It's nothing new, it's more of the people randomly hyping him up that's the weird thing. I hope he kills it and has improved but I'll wait until I see something regular season.  

His problem in college was that they never let him stay at one position or in one system. He also made a lot of plays trying to do somebody else's job when they failed to get it done. He was never really spotty at all.

4 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I just think it's goofy that people are piling on him for one missed tackle. Even TD and Luke have missed tackles before.

I guess I don't see the piling on you speak of.  Everyone has been talking him up this offseason/preseason.  We're banking on him being very improved this year.   

20 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

wasn't it tre that was late coming over to help Benwikere on that TD from Brady? 

If he was heading that way, impossible to know the defensive call or what other responsibilities he might have had (All-22 angle would be helpful for this). Might not have been his priority.

21 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

wasn't it tre that was late coming over to help Benwikere on that TD from Brady? 

Can't fault Tre for staying at home defending the middle, post, and seam vs. Brady. He's one of the best all-time at looking off safeties and dropping dimes into excellent sideline coverage. Hat tip to the future Hall of Famer

I don't know...

there are also a lot of plays where he just hurls his body around and really isn't effective. 

I do think there is some Godfrey to his game.  The clip in the OP kinda backs it IMO.  Godfrey was actually a decent blitzer and good at attacking plays at the line.  Godfrey was horrible in the open field.  Tre to me hasn't looked good in the open field (and the natural ground a S covers) vs runners 

1 hour ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Nice clip, do you have the one where he gets hurdled by 240 LB Blount ?

To be fair, if there was a Madden rating for RBs that jump tacklers....Blount would have the highest rating.  That is his thing.  

I mean it is more a good play by Blount.  Opponents have to go low.  He makes them pay often with the hurdle 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don't know...

there are also a lot of plays where he just hurls is body around and really isn't effective. 

I do think there is some Godfrey to his game.  The clip in the OP kinda backs it IMO.  Godfrey was actually a decent blitzer and good at attacking plays at the line.  Godfrey was horrible in the open field.  Tre to me hasn't looked good in the open field (and the natural ground a S covers) vs runners 

Agree.

I would not want him in any package as a SS.  Sure, people consider him a hybrid-type like Coleman but we've gotta keep the field in front of the guy given his inconsistencies.  He's quick but not fast...and sure, one could say he's improving his run D, but he has been known to make poor in game angles and given his speed, you don't want him playing catch up.  Rotational FS in my book.  I'd love him to prove otherwise and it's possible to do with our front 7.    

Gettleman is forcing Rivera's hand to play Boston with his personnel moves.

Same song and dance. Rivera does not trust Boston. Rivera wants a vet safety signed who he will likely start over Boston. Gettleman will not make the move until Rivera gives Boston a shot. Gettleman wants his guys to play.

I personally like Boston and would love to see him get a chance. He does go rogue a lot and finds himself out of position, but he makes plays when his gambles pay off.

Archived