• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly - Human Missile

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Everyone's forty time would be faster if they had Luke chasing them.

That would definitely make the NFL combine more interesting. Just have Luke in full pads chasing the potential rookies as they run the 40. Some records would get broken.

Watch Luke's high school highlights

he has been able to translate this type of play to every level he has played. He will go down as the best middle linebacker of all time by the time his career is over. Not being a homer, he blows away all the greats in their first 4 years. Need to win championships but luke is the future GOAT. Once in a generation type talent.

6 hours ago, jimfear said:

While watching the game it really felt like 59 and 58 were trying to get the rest of the D fired up after the Patriots made a few nice plays. So fortunate to have those guys.

ABSOLUTELY.  It seemed like Luke & TD, were playing at a whole 'nother level of intensity than pretty much any other Panther on the field...

I'm sure there were some other guys too, Funch comes to mind as a guy who came to play, but really, Luke and TD were just something special to watch last night.  Our offense stank up the joint for the most part, but I really loved watching our first team D at work.

13 hours ago, 0115 said:

Not to take anything away from Luke and his awesomeness, but how much affect did 61(RT) tripping impact the play?

Look at it a few more times. That was not a trip. That was an attempted illegal chop block on Short. If it was a trip, it was the most "aimed at the knees of one of the best players on the opposing team coincidental" trip I've ever seen. 

EDIT: Couple other guys beat me to it. Replied without going through the entire thread. Definitely a cheap shot by the RT though. 

2 hours ago, Bama Panther said:

Look at it a few more times. That was not a trip. That was an attempted illegal chop block on Short. If it was a trip, it was the most "aimed at the knees of one of the best players on the opposing team coincidental" trip I've ever seen. 

EDIT: Couple other guys beat me to it. Replied without going through the entire thread. Definitely a cheap shot by the RT though. 

Cut block, which is legal. No one engaged high so it isn't a chop block. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cut block, which is legal. No one engaged high so it isn't a chop block. 

The first few looks, it appeared to me that someone was engaged high (Short's hand coming up led me to believe so).  After looking a few more times, I think you're right. 

20 hours ago, top dawg said:

From a purely football perspective, Luke is our best player. He is more consistent and technically sound than anyone. The only Panther that may be his equal is Thomas Davis. Maybe Kalil.

Purely football perspective....Luke may be one of the best players in the league...not just the Panthers.

There are very few players that can do almost everything their position asks for, at a high level.

Watt, Luke, Miller, Thomas, etc....only a few of those guys out there that there isn't much debate about who is the "best" in the NFL.

Archived