• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly - Human Missile

Jeremy Igo

Going over the game last night. This play is just incredible. Luke shoots between 75 and 62, sneaks behind 77 and goes untouched, and has the runner dead to rights. The play lasts under 3 seconds. From his reaction, he just knew he did something special. 

giphy.gif

There are plenty of teams in the NFL that wish they had a middle linebacker that could do this half as good. 

12 minutes ago, csx said:

We have at least 2

Exactly. I remember that hit Thomas Davis laid on the Cardinals running back in the NFCCG. It was nasty and the stadium exploded cheering. 

Damn... something in my eye. God... that game was our Super Bowl last year. My favorite game of all time.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Going over the game last night. This play is just incredible. Luke shoots between 75 and 62, sneaks behind 77 and goes untouched, and has the runner dead to rights. The play lasts under 3 seconds. From his reaction, he just knew he did something special. 

giphy.gif

There are plenty of teams in the NFL that wish they had a middle linebacker that could do this half as good. 

Literally from the snap, I saw the number 59 raging across my tv screen.  The whole time I was watching this play I was thinking if I were the RB, I might have start running the other way toward the endzone behind me.  Man, I don't know of a linebacker who played like this specifically in recent time.  I can't recall Urlacher flashing across my screen like this.

22 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

giphy.gif

lol at the ref running for his life

26 minutes ago, 0115 said:

Not to take anything away from Luke and his awesomeness, but how much affect did 61(RT) tripping impact the play?

The Right Guard #75 was actually Luke's man and he's still upright.  He just couldn't get to Luke in time because Luke's pre-snap diagnosis gave him a two-step lead.

Archived