• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cut one, Keep one, PS one...

Jeremy Igo

Cash - keep

Byrd - ps

Wegher - ps

Just being realistic because I don't think any of them get cut. If one does it will be Wegher. Fozzy and Cap are making the team. I say keep Cash because he fits well in our scheme and does well on special teams. I would like Byrd. He has impressed me so far but I don't see him making the 53 with Ginn on the team. They are essentially the same player

By your rules

Keep Byrd.  He has shown he deserve that spot. Beat out Hill and Norwood.  I'd like to see Bersin and Byrd join Brown, Ginn KB and Funchess

Practice Squad Cash He has that skill we see in Thompson.  Fast LBer that can play the slot.

Cut Wegher  Good God I think this will be a terrible mistake.  Given the right opportunity. Wegher is going to shine.. If not here somewhere.

Keep Byrd

PS Cash

Cut Wegher

1) Byrd has earned his spot and could very well be the heir to Ted Ginn's roster spot next year. Not worth losing him.

2) last I heard, Cash was injured. I say put him on the PUP, and if there is no open spaces 6 weeks into the season, stash him on the practice squad. That way no one can claim him till week 6, and by then, most teams surely won't need another linebacker.

3) I love Wegher. I'm actually friends with him on facebook (I'll post a screenshot if anyone doubts). But CAP had a good night last night. And to this point, Wegher has been held back by the coaches. I tend to agree with @KB_fan that the coaches will find a way to keep all three of these guys, but they've been restricting Wegher for a reason. I think they plan to stuff him on the practice squad. But if not I'd rather keep a defensive player that can double as a safety, than an offensive player that only plays RB. our offense, though they weren't in sync last night, is set with the starters. Our defense will need all the options they can get, and a LB/Safety is a tantalizing roster addition to that end.

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

3) I love Wegher. I'm actually friends with him on facebook (I'll post a screenshot if anyone doubts). But CAP had a good night last night. And to this point, Wegher has been held back by the coaches. I tend to agree with @KB_fan that the coaches will find a way to keep all three of these guys, but they've been restricting Wegher for a reason. I think they plan to stuff him on the practice squad.

I know this is just crazy talk and all, but maybe (JUST maybe) there ISN'T a coach's conspiracy against or involving Wegher?

And maybe (I know, crazy talk here) the coach's have recognized the better player between CAP and Wegher because (1) coach's are professionals whose jobs are always on the line to make those kinds of decisions and (2) one player has upped his game more than the other between last year and this year?

I know, I know... that Occam dude and his razor are just nuts.

Someone please help me out here. Why isn't cash a consideration for Safety?  Wasn't he always considered a hybrid of sorts? The thought of a larger than average safety waiting over the middle of the field ready to clean somebody's clock seems intriguing to me. 

Well, this scenario sucks!

Ok, so I am cutting Wegher.  Just too much redundancy at the position. 

Byrd is going to the practice squad.  He can be called back up if we were to sustain an injury to Ginn.  He is MUCH LESS LIKELY to be picked up by another team than Cash.

Cash is making the squad.  Too much talent to drop him.  One of the best producing rookies of the preseason and he can contribute on STs.  My only concern is that concussion last night. 

Cut Wegher, we have enough backs that are above average. His feel good story can get him a spot on another team.

Practice squad Byrd, isn't better at receiver or as a returner than Ginn. Having KB back in the lineup with improved Funchess and Brown. Ginn still can get extra reps on returns. Injury insurance if he doesn't get stolen by another team.

Keep Cash, cheap project player. Good LB skills to be mentored. Klein expendable after this season. Put some bodies in there, for aging TD as well.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived