• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cut one, Keep one, PS one...

Jeremy Igo

Not really that hard tbh.

Cut: Wegher (RB's are dime a dozen and next year's draft is DEEP at RB)

Keep: Byrd (Ginn is a FA next year and Byrd would be nice assurance if Ginn doesn't come back next year and is the closest to what Ginn can do in PR and WR)

PS: Cash (sucks because I'm pretty sure he would get scooped up)

It's interesting to me that I think that Byrd is really being undervalued here (which of course means that I may be overvaluing him).  But let me just remind you of what Cam Newton said about Byrd

“He’s got to find ways to stay confident,” Newton said after the Panthers’ 22-19 loss to the Ravens. “When he’s confident, he’s as good as, if not one of, our top tier guys. He’s very shifty, he’s fast and when he gets in that mentality that no one can cover him, then he can be an asset for us.”

http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/13/cam-newton-thinks-damiere-byrd-is-top-tier/

Now, not trying to be funny, but I'm giving Cam's opinion a little more weight than a Huddler's. Moreover, I'm of the opinion that we have better quality depth at LB than WR, and this is another reason why Byrd gets the nod over Cash.  Plus, Byrd's versatility as a returner and WR is just a little more important than Cash on ST and backing up the LBs. Unlike what some would have you believe, Byrd is shifty---"very shifty" according to Cam.

Archived