• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL Patriots at Panthers Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Wegher looks dejected.

He should be.  If we weren't going to give him a legit opportunity, we should've released him and allowed him to have a legit opportunity elsewhere.  He's watching his career spiral the drain before it even got going.  He hasn't had a chance to show any other team anything trying to run behind our backup and 3rd team OL.  He'll probably have to wait until training camp next year and hope to get a shot somewhere else.

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

For what? Are you gonna give more brilliant analysis about SB hangovers and 3rd preseason games being the predictor of every football season?

I'm not on the "we'll be lucky to go .500" train by any means, but it's worth pointing out that only three of the twelve playoff teams lost their 3rd preseason game last year.  Two of those teams basically played without their starting QB.  Big Ben only threw four passes for the Steelers and Rodgers didn't play at all for the Packers.  With that said, we were the third team and we went 15-1 and went to the Super Bowl, so there's that.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not on the "we'll be lucky to go .500" train by any means, but it's worth pointing out that only three of the twelve playoff teams lost their 3rd preseason game last year.  Two of those teams basically played without their starting QB.  Big Ben only threw four passes for the Steelers and Rodgers didn't play at all for the Packers.  With that said, we were the third team and we went 15-1 and went to the Super Bowl, so there's that.

That sounds like a BS stat to me. The final score doesn't even necessarily tell the story of the starters.

Archived