• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Local Beer Selection Shrinking at BoA

The_Cannon

John Berger, director of sponsorship sales and services for the team, confirmed that Delaware North asked NoDa Brewing to lower their pricing. The brewery’s president, Suzie Ford, says it would be unfair for them to offer lower pricing to the stadium than to other bars and restaurants. She did acknowledge that their costs go up by around 3 percent each year as the cost of ingredients rise, which amounted to an increase of $2 per case of beer. Since the brewery won’t lower the pricing, the cost per cans in the stadium has increased to $10.75 (a decision made by Delaware North).

http://www.charlottefive.com/carolina-panthers-beer-selection

I like Hop Drop as much as the next guy but 10.75 for a can is crazy even as stadium prices go. 

The $8.00 endless refill thing seems a bit overpriced as well. I picked one up at Fan Fest and it was a good buy when I didn't have a problem jetting out to the concourse real quick to load up, but during a game I'm not going to want to leave my seat and I'm hoping this doesn't encourage others to do so.

I think a friendlier deal for everybody would be like a $15 "seasonal" cup that let's you use it all year, but what do I know.

37 minutes ago, Growl said:

The $8.00 endless refill thing seems a bit overpriced as well. I picked one up at Fan Fest and it was a good buy when I didn't have a problem jetting out to the concourse real quick to load up, but during a game I'm not going to want to leave my seat and I'm hoping this doesn't encourage others to do so.

I think a friendlier deal for everybody would be like a $15 "seasonal" cup that let's you use it all year, but what do I know.

From my seats I can take a leak and grab a beer on a TV timeout or change of possession. Its mainly a matter of knowing when to go. Forget about halftime. $8.00 is not a bad deal when you consider 1 drink before was over $4.00-$5.00. I will probably get one each game that my wife and I will share.

I am looking forward to seeing what the new 500 level looks like. Would love to see them do to prices what the Falcons have done.

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

NoDa obviously thinks highly of themselves. 

The stadium vendor is setting that ridiculous price point, not NoDa. NoDa is simply refusing to give a price break to a customer that is already charging well over typical market value for their product. Why would they? 

Archived