• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in corner Keenan Lewis?

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, London Loves Luke said:

Haven't we taken a player from a rival NFCS team every single off-season since Gman has been here? Can think DeCoud, Harper... sure I'm missing some names. Seems like its as much about getting eyes on their schemes as it is getting snaps.

Soliai and Gradkowski this year

Lewis is coming off a leg injury that de-railed his 2015 season (6 games played with 0 starts), with a hip surgery thrown in for good measure in January 2016. He came off the PUP, practiced once, then didn't practice again before he was released. Supposedly the problem was an unspecified side torso problem. Reading the reports out of Taintland, Lewis didn't want to go on IR and have to sit out 8 games before returning from IR. Lewis thinks he'll be ready by the opener or very close to it

However, his last good season was 2013 (4 INTs, 52 tackles), after signing a 5 year $26 million deal with his hometown team. Lewis attended high school in New Orleans. 2014 saw a drop in stats (2 INTs, 41 tackles), and 2015 was a bust.

Lots of buyer beware with this one. Listed as 6'1" 208, but also 30 years old and a very recent injury history. I'd rather lure Tillman out of retirement, although I did like his cameo in Sharknado 4

6 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

you guys think Worley did that bad? He is a Rookie.. still learning the game..

He didn't do that bad. People are just overreacting pansies. This is the same forum advocating for DA to start over Newton in 2014. Let that sink in.

Heck, one preseason game in a rookie season is enough to know all there is to know about a guy, right?

I remember years ago watching this young tackle for the Cowboys get absolutely eaten alive by a Packers defensive end. It was positively embarrassing. The guy he was going against even had an injured arm, but even one-handed he still threw this kid around like a rag doll.

The Cowboys probably should have just listened to the fans and cut that guy on the spot, but instead they kept him around for awhile. Not sure what in the world they were thinking.

I think his name was Larry Allen.

Archived