• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Proehl says Funchess is "pushing" Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Clearly you are talking out your ass because Benji didn't tear his ACL by landing awkward, noob

He tore his ACL doing a swim move on a post route

He's Swedish or something dude. It's not like he played anything remotely close if anything at all.

and yes,  It's thought of as more common in young guys that are naturally gifted and dont have to do all the work to dominate.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I don't think they lack speed. KB ran a 4.61 at the combine and Funchess ran terrible at the combine (4.7) but ran much faster at the pro-day (4.48). Funchess is definitely faster than KB so something was wrong at the combine, technique maybe. It was a big to do because no one expected that time.

Funchess had a severe toe injury during the Combine. 

5 hours ago, KillerKat said:

So KB hasn't earned starting after his 2014 season? If Funchess is pushing KB then he should be starting. Unless they think Ginn is better than KB which would be asinine. 

That would be asinine.  I like Ginn a lot,  but he's No KB.  Like I said,  they're limiting kb's reps in preseason . They're 2 completely different styles of WR. Plenty of touches to go around. 

On 8/22/2016 at 0:08 PM, stbugs said:

Like Funchess, but he isn't anywhere near AJ Green yet. Green is a stud. If Funchess gets close to Green then we may score more points than any team in history. fug running the ball, if he's as good as Green I'd put Funchess in the slot with Benjamin and Ginn on the outside and let those three and Olsen run wild. I might even have an empty backfield with a two TE set to just double the best edge rusher. If Cam wants to run, so be it, but someone is always open even in good coverage. 3 of the 4 know how to use their frame to always be open. The 4th was the fastest measures offensive player in the NFL in 2015. Hot diggity dog!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yeah I'll say that I give AJ the better nod for now because he is proven. But I see something in this funchess kid. Just you wait.  He's balling hard as a Mo fo I really really really like what I'm seeing. This guy is for fugging real. 

11 minutes ago, Salisburysean98 said:

Yeah I'll say that I give AJ the better nod for now because he is proven. But I see something in this funchess kid. Just you wait.  He's balling hard as a Mo fo I really really really like what I'm seeing. This guy is for fugging real. 

You give Green the "nod for now"? LOL! Good lord. Green has five consecutive 1000+ yard seasons and has over 6000 yards and 45 TDs in his five NFL seasons. He's legitimately one of the best WRs in the NFL. This compared to Funchess who had 31 catches for 473 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie. 

I'm as excited as anyone about Funchess' continued development, but he has a looooooong way to go before even being mentioned in the same breath as A.J. Green. 

I think Prohel was complimenting Funchess more so than condemning Benjamin.

Funchess really looks like he's improved a ton from this time last year and thats exciting to see. I think Benjamin will be back to form soon as well. I think its possible he's not going 100% because he's gun shy about having another season ended by injury. 

Really Cam's passes's were sailing on him last night and he didn't do Benjamin any favors. Cam's most accurate passes were dropped by Ginn and Norwood. I'm cool with Ginn, as we all know that's just part of the give and take you get with him.  Norwood on the other hand probably won't see more than a 20 snaps all year if he even makes the roster.

As far as the "starters" thing goes, I don't see that as being too important. I feel if all stay healthy, Benjamin, Funchess and Ginn will see similar snap counts with Philly not too far behind. 

I saw it last night Funchess looked better than KB but its the first preseason game I have seen this year.. And in fairness to KB he was out for the whole year he as to work on getting to the speed of the game and chemistry with Cam..I think he will be good to go around game 4 thats when the players are are initially ready to go barring injuries

Archived