• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Proehl says Funchess is "pushing" Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

Thats why Funchess was my last pick in my fantasy draft last week ... the ultimate sleeper

Same. Most people who aren't Panthers don't even know who he is, there's probably even some panthers "fans" that don't know who he is. Last pick, but could end up producing like a high pick

2 hours ago, ncguy2184 said:

Idk why but some reason i think KB is lazy he came into camp overweight last year then tore his knee.

And his rookie stats i thought a lot were garbage time stats so i dont see why people are crazy over him. 

But thats me, I think funch will be the better player out of the two but i hope they both do good.

He came to camp in great shape last year. It was the off season activities where he was questioned. He responded by returning for camp looking really good 

5 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Yeah

He pushed himself too hard, to quick, as a result, and doing that to your body isnt good for your ligaments

Overweight in OTA's ... instead of consistently staying in NFL shape, after a good rookie year he got a little comfortable ... said, I can get back in shape in no time

And he did get back into shape in no time ... that's the problem, too hard, too fast, to get back into NFL shape and if you throw this logic out the window you are burying your head in the sand

No offense but you seem to be talking out of your ass. None of that caused him to land in the awkward way he did thathe day. 

1 hour ago, Bozarden said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/14555/panthers-ron-rivera-kelvin-benjamin-in-tremendous-shape

Reporting to camp in bad shape? I dont think so my friend.

TD of all people said that KB was primed to be the best receiver in football last year if it wasn't for his injury. I don't know about most of you guys, but every report from camp last year was about Kelvin dominating Josh Norman who went on to be a top 5 cornerback in football the very same season. 

I have high hopes for Funch but calling him better than KB at this point in his career is a stretch IMO. 

I don't understand this.   This statement seems to paint a picture that KB is a 8 YR pro and DF is a 2 yr guy.    They're both still very young recievers.   KB had a great rookie year because he was force fed the football.  There was no Ginn that year or anyone else on offense besides Olsen.   KB and DF have had the same benefits and coaching afforded to them both.  It's not inconcievable that DF could be on par with KB or able to post a better year because they're both really young WR'S.  I think KB will have a better year simply because he's going to get more looks.  (KB and Cam are really close in general) but overall skillset wise they very surely can be compared.   Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, ncguy2184 said:

Idk why but some reason i think KB is lazy he came into camp overweight last year then tore his knee.

And his rookie stats i thought a lot were garbage time stats so i dont see why people are crazy over him. 

But thats me, I think funch will be the better player out of the two but i hope they both do good.

T-V38B.gif

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Why is Ginn starting then?

Because he has earned it, period! He has balled out all preseason and last year, become a leader in the locker room, and all around good guy. Anytime a player steps up like he did last year, coaches don't forget that. 

That being said, it is still preseason, and they're trying to limit KB's reps while he continues to rehab, so we'll see how it shakes out when the real season begins. I predict all 3 getting plenty of touches, but the best Proehl quote of the article is this:

“With the weapons we have, you have to be unselfish. That’s what we preach every day. You’re not going to be in this system and catch 10 or 12 balls every game. But these guys have bought in. It’s not about personal stats, it’s about winning.”

2 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

Because he has earned it, period! He has balled out all preseason and last year, become a leader in the locker room, and all around good guy. Anytime a player steps up like he did last year, coaches don't forget that. 

That being said, it is still preseason, and they're trying to limit KB's reps while he continues to rehab, so we'll see how it shakes out when the real season begins. I predict all 3 getting plenty of touches, but the best Proehl quote of the article is this:

“With the weapons we have, you have to be unselfish. That’s what we preach every day. You’re not going to be in this system and catch 10 or 12 balls every game. But these guys have bought in. It’s not about personal stats, it’s about winning.”

So KB hasn't earned starting after his 2014 season? If Funchess is pushing KB then he should be starting. Unless they think Ginn is better than KB which would be asinine. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Excellent. We haven't had a legit pair of starting WRs since Smitty/Moose. I don't care who is better or who has the better stats, just give me two legit starting caliber NFL WRs. Iron sharpens iron. Let them push each other. 

Too bad Ginn is starting and not Funchess

Archived