• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

I think Norwood showed he is good enough to make the squad but I don't think he's better than Bersin or Byrd. Norwood has PS eligibility, he's worth trying to stash but he will get looked by desperate teams.

Anyone worried about Garrett can calm their jimmy clausens because he isn't getting poached. 

Really disappointing we haven't been ableto see Marlowe at all. 

51 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Unless you think he'll contribute this year, don't worry about it. There are probably 10-15 better RBs coming in 2017.

One other note, maybe not all GMs are watching it, but I would also bet the incoming class of RBs will make it more likely that teams won't give up a roster spot to Wegher. I believe the rules are that if you snipe from the PS process, that player has to be on the 53. I don't think you can snipe a PS and put them on your PS.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

good point, next years rb class is disgusting 

57 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Unless you think he'll contribute this year, don't worry about it. There are probably 10-15 better RBs coming in 2017.

One other note, maybe not all GMs are watching it, but I would also bet the incoming class of RBs will make it more likely that teams won't give up a roster spot to Wegher. I believe the rules are that if you snipe from the PS process, that player has to be on the 53. I don't think you can snipe a PS and put them on your PS.

You are correct.

But a player has to clear waivers before being assigned to the PS, correct?  If a team selects a player off of waivers, are they then also required to keep that player on the 53 like they would picking him off the PS?

56 minutes ago, stbugs said:

What is different from last year? I'd rather have a healthy CJ than Jared Allen. The rest of the real contribution in Ealy and Addison is the same.

That said, I didn't really care for DEs outside of maybe Ogbah, but 2017 has a lot better DE class. Let's hope the depth guys or a guy who's released provide some good depth. I think we'll be as good as last year.

Yeah, for DEs and RBs, the 2017 draft class is prime meat on the hoof.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Most notable, I have 6 WR's now with Hill dropped and Bersin and Byrd added. I also have seven LBs, they keep Cash and Jacobs, two very good special teams contributors. 

I think you may have nailed it Jeremy, this looks very plausible. 

I'm not convinced we'll find a better OT on waivers, so I think Hawkins or Willie Smith will make it.

5 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

he has outplayed Focoult and He was on the roster the past two years.

Foucault was really only on the roster in 2014.  He was on the PS for 15 of 16 games last year.  He was called up for 1 game as emergency O-line backup, but didn't play.

If we don't end up keeping 7 LBs, I wonder if we'd use that extra spot to keep 10 on the D-line?  

Given the questions about Delaire, and Horton's on and off the roster last year, I'm thinking there's a chance we might want to keep Love or another DT that would allow us to kick KK outside more often... I don't think Butler will be 100% ready to play a major role early in the season.  I expect him to increase his play over the course of the season, similarly to how Shaq increased his play last season.

Archived