• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

Kind of agree to an extent, I think we aren't looking at FA's on the offensive line.  I think we're looking at FA's at TE and DE's, especially.  Because there hasn't been anything we've seen from our backups at both positions that we should be excited about.  Especially with Panther scouts at the Jaguars game this past Saturday.  Jags have a plethora or TE's and DE's.  Just FYI.   

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Nope, contrary to the rumblings.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Interesting.

Follow up question:

Based on how Hawkins has performed thus far, his young age/upside, and his familiarity with the playbook already, would a vet FA pickup be that much of an upgrade over him on the active roster? By all accounts he has outplayed Focoult and He was on the roster the past two years. 

2 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Interesting.

Follow up question:

Based on how Hawkins has performed thus far, his young age/upside, and his familiarity with the playbook already, would a vet FA pickup be that much of an upgrade over him on the active roster? By all accounts he has outplayed Focoult and He was on the roster the past two years. 

No, Hawkins has at least some sort of potential at this point.  And DG and Rivera love potential (they've kept Foucault on the roster for 2 1/2 years based on potential).  I think they keep him over signing some other random person.  Unless that random Tackle is a diamond in the rough in DG's eyes.  

14 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Interesting.

Follow up question:

Here's a nice look at Hawkins, from a contributor at BBR.  

http://blackandbluereview.com/preseason-week-2-good-average-bad/

Archived