• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wegher making something out of nothing.

Jeremy Igo

The Wegher hype train is a little too much. What reasoning does the panthers have for not given Wagner first team reps unless they don't value him as high as fans. Panthers fans always hype up udfta.

He isn't a UDFA anymore. That was a year ago.

He spent an entire season on a nfl roster.

That fact alone will get him a good long look from every other team if released.

There are teams waiting for Wegher to be available.

I love how they make Wegher do the work and give the reward to Scoot. That is exactly how they did Wegher last preseason.

CAP is a liability with his fumblitis which he has always had, and it intensifies in clutch moments. Not to mention he has little to no push when he gets hit square. He is a poor man's DWill. Always loves to dance and hopes he can glance off defenders.

This isn't hate and I'm only a fan but nothing about Payne has ever seemed very impressive.  Just my opinion but I don't see him in the league very long. I hope I'm wrong. I don't root against people.  Wegher just seems more explosive and fast. 

I obviously trust the staff evaluation over mine or anyone else's. 

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He isn't a UDFA anymore. That was a year ago.

He spent an entire season on a nfl roster.

That fact alone will get him a good long look from every other team if released.

So did Melvin White,Brandon Williams,Robert Lester. Where are they now ? None has made an impact on another team.Panthers fans value some UDFA way too high.

7 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

CAP is a liability with his fumblitis which he has always had, and it intensifies in clutch moments.

There's no need to make poo up, even if you do like someone else better.  The guy had 3 fumbles out of 394 carries in his two years at Auburn.  I'll let you do the math.

1 hour ago, Benotheking said:

So did Melvin White,Brandon Williams,Robert Lester. Where are they now ? None has made an impact on another team.Panthers fans value some UDFA way too high.

So all Panther UDFA's are the same, and ALL Panther fans are the same? Have you heard of the term 'sweeping generalization'? You're certainly expert at using it.

9 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

There are teams waiting for Wegher to be available.

I love how they make Wegher do the work and give the reward to Scoot. That is exactly how they did Wegher last preseason.

CAP is a liability with his fumblitis which he has always had, and it intensifies in clutch moments. Not to mention he has little to no push when he gets hit square. He is a poor man's DWill. Always loves to dance and hopes he can glance off defenders.

Artis-Payne has never had fumbling problems. Show me anywhere on the Internet other than the Huddle that references Artis-Payne and fumbling issues. 

9 hours ago, csx said:

This isn't hate and I'm only a fan but nothing about Payne has ever seemed very impressive.  Just my opinion but I don't see him in the league very long. I hope I'm wrong. I don't root against people.  Wegher just seems more explosive and fast. 

I obviously trust the staff evaluation over mine or anyone else's. 

I am not saying Wegher doesn't have an explosive element to his game, but for me it's more based upon his speed in open space than Artis-Payne's ability to get skinny and explode through the hole. I think that Artis-Payne's game speed is similar to Wegher's, and that Artis-Payne is markedly superior running between the tackles. Mind you that this is based upon their limited snaps as pros.

I just don't see why you'd think that Artis-Payne is unimpressive and Wegher is impressive. I think that Artis-Payne has been somewhat more impressive at best, and that they are a push at worst. I feel that Artis-Payne has shown to be a capable NFL backup in limited snaps. The jury is still out on whether he or Wegher could actually replace Stew, but I am not holding my breath. I fully expect Gettleman to acquire a potentially more talented back than either one of them next year.

IDK. I can't help but to wonder if Wegher would have gotten caught from behind on that 3rd down play where CAP had all the running room to the left side, but got caught on the backfield before he could get started good. Then again, CAP seems to be much better in pass pro, which is a huge factor in the NFL.

If you are another running backing the NFL, someone like Fozzy is hard to supplant. Fozzy has a decent set of skills over all and well rounded. He's a veteran that knows the playbook and from all accounts has been willing to do anything to help the team since day one. Along with the the fact that Fozz is a notoriously hard worker, and has a great locker room presence, Wegher has an uphill battle for sure.

The coaching staff may get creative or just roll the dice by placing Wegher on the PS, but I doubt he's replacing Fozzy anytime soon. 

Archived