• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wegher making something out of nothing.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, kepickle said:

ok he's doing a little more lol still don't undertsand why the coachs love Fozzy so much Byrd,Ginn,Brown,Webb all can do returns & surely others can pass block better 

Oh, I am kinda with you. I would probably keep Wegher over Fozzy based on upside alone. 

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Can't cut him, Patriots would sign him and he'd be the #1 back in fantasy this year.

I think we stash him for another year, lose J-Stew in the off-season, and make him the starter next year.

I think Getty drafts a more talented back in '17.

58 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He was on the regular roster last year, not the PS. 

Seems like if this is the case, the Panthers are doing themselves a disservice.

I like Wegher, I truly do.  And I have high hopes for the kid.

But they consistently prioritize CAP over him with pre-season and in-season RB reps.

Do you really believe this is coaching/management conceit?  Or maybe Jim Skipper, Mike Shula, and Ron Rivera, as NFL professionals, recognize the back more suited for NFL play?

Now they could be wrong and that wouldn't be the first time that happened in the NFL.  But they have a pretty solid track record IMO.

(And, yes, this is a homer response since CAP is my Auburn guy and seems to get LESS respect from Huddle management though he has MORE actual college and NFL accomplishments.)

24 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Can't cut him, Patriots would sign him and he'd be the #1 back in fantasy this year.

I think we stash him for another year, lose J-Stew in the off-season, and make him the starter next year.

Just like Lee Ward ? If Wagner get cut I highly doubt that #1 fantasy notion

Archived