• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wegher making something out of nothing.

Jeremy Igo

In the 4th quarter we got to witness Brandon Wegher do what he has done his entire time as a Carolina Panthers, namely make something out of nothing. It looks like the play was designed for Wegher to follow Sandland up the gut, but was shut down right away by Titans 41. Sandland ran right by him, Wegher would have been tackled for a loss. 

giphy.gif

As soon as Wegher touches the ball, no less than 4 defenders are in his face. 

wegher.jpg

The result? Wegher cuts it to the outside for a first down and then some. 

I still cannot fathom why we still have not seen him with the Panthers starting offensive line in preseason. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I still cannot fathom why we still have not seen him with the Panthers starting offensive line in preseason. 

Limiting his opportunities to shine so as to safely stash him on the PS as depth in case of injuries?

3 hours ago, The Lone Panther said:

Is it safe to say they're going to stash him on the PS again? I believe he would have gotten earlier playing time if the plan was for him to make the team. 

He was on the regular roster last year, not the PS. 

Seems like if this is the case, the Panthers are doing themselves a disservice.

10 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Limiting his opportunities to shine so as to safely stash him on the PS as depth in case of injuries?

But the question is whether he's safe on the PS. They thought enough of him to put him on the roster as a rookie. Unless they feel like they can rob a RB spot for some other position, I see the same RB's making it this year.

I do think he deserves to get some time with the 1st team O. It's not like they don't know what they've got with Stewart, Tolbert, and Fozzy. Even CAP seems like a vet compared to poor Wegher. 

2 minutes ago, kepickle said:

Wegher hasn't gotten work with the 1st or 2nd team because  Fozzy Whittaker is in his way not sure why he can't block or run only pass catch & CAP was drafted in but isn't doing much either 

Cap looks like he has more burst through the hole (or what is supposed to be a hole). He gets "skinny" really really well.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Cap looks like he has more burst through the hole (or what is supposed to be a hole). He gets "skinny" really really well.

ok he's doing a little more lol still don't undertsand why the coachs love Fozzy so much Byrd,Ginn,Brown,Webb all can do returns & surely others can pass block better 

Archived