• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a good look for Beau Sandland

Jeremy Igo

If you plan on making the roster as a Panthers rookie tight end, you have to be able to run block and pass protect. 

Here, Sandland gets pushed back into Cam Newton by a blitzing linebacker. 

giphy.gif

If it was a DT or a DE, I would understand. But that is Avery Williams, 6'1 246lbs. Sandland has 10 pounds on him

How much would you like to wager he hears about this play tomorrow. . 

Yep blocking for sure is NOT his strong suite. Im still not ready to write him off, given I believe the panthers may carry 4 TEs. He  would be a "red-shirt" this year, plus both Olsen and dickerson have preseason injuries, Denver game is less than 3 weeks away.

One red flag I had on him, was he leftd completion in Miami. He just needs time, he's got some tools working for him. I'm sure Dave has already put out the feelers about where the rest of league feel about him, if hot he's on the 53.

1 minute ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Looks like Remmers had no clue who to block there.

I just noticed Tolbert on the far right rusher. I guess Remmers was supposed to help Trai with #90, but hesitated and started to go for Sandland's guy.  Not an excuse for Beau but maybe not all his fault.

23 minutes ago, Thunderbird037 said:

Who was Remmers supposed to block? Looks like Sandland was 1 against 2.

I noticed this right off the bat.  Feels a like a little much worrying about a rookie TE sliding over to pick up the extra rusher while our starting right tackle completely whiffed on both guys in front of him. 

Archived