• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry vs Murray

Jeremy Igo

To me, this was one of the most impressive plays of the night. Demarco Murray is one of the toughest guys in the league to bring down and Bradberry did an admirable job despite getting stiff armed initially. His play has been really encouraging so far

I think our coaches had to be pretty pleased with the physicality and tackling of our rookie CBs yesterday for the most part.  Obviously they don't get the same kind of tacking opportunities in practice, so seeing them do it live is a very good thing, it was one of the unknowns.. They may have ball skills, but how would they do in run support.  I thought for pre-season game 2 as rookies they looked ok. 

Ricky Proehl commented in an interview that Steven Hill was "getting ready to make him famous" given his improvement prior to his injury last season.   These rookie CBs might just make our DB coaches famous this season if they continue to improve and grow at the rate we're seeing.

Do you know how hard it is to bring Murray down 1-on-1 in open field? Many have tried, few have actually done it. His stiff arm is lethal and Bradberry just took it and hawked him out of bounds. Unbelievable play by Bradberry. He also had another one on Murray later on that was impressive. I had no idea his run support was like that.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Can't tell you how much this encourages me about Bradberry.  That is  rookie corner. Look at that reaction to the ball and toughness that follows. 

giphy.gif

By the way Jeremy, this is the kind of post that makes the Huddle so amazing.  You are so talented at picking out key plays and noticing details through the lens of your camera.  I have learned SO much about football in the past 2 years and am understanding what to watch for in games because of posts like this.   Keep it up, and THANK YOU!

Archived