• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The thing about Ted Ginn

Jeremy Igo

Teddy G has become one of my favorite players.  He knows exactly who he is, what he brings to the team, and he's comfortable here.  His personality is beginning to shine too.  Little things like that wild back pack... and he's been giving some good interviews.  He's assuming some leadership on the team, it seems.  I like what he brings.  His rapport with Cam is awesome. 

With all of our other offensive weapons and scoring opportunities, I can pretty easily put up with some of his dropped TDs.  (Hey the suspense increases the entertainment value & drama of the game:  is he gonna catch it or drop it?!?!  Hold your breath... cross your fingers...!) 

The combination of KB's size & power, Funch's good hands and fluidity, and Ginn's speed.... and then Thor... practically leaves me drooling in anticipation!

Man, it's still amazing to me just how good Ginn works in our system.  I remember talking to a friend of mine who's a saints fan last year and he was giving me so much grief over the fact that Ginn was gonna be our #1 receiver, and with no receivers we were doomed to have a 5 or 6 win season.  We shut him up pretty quick.  Still, I think it's just environment.  Everyone's worked at a job that they just hate and it makes their work suffer.  It might be a crappy boss (coach), shitty coworkers (crappy players around you), or just shitty atmosphere (I mean, imagine playing for Miami fans in ANY sport), any of those things can lead to you looking like crap when it's just situation.  Here, Ginn just gets it, he fits in every way and hopefully will stick around with us till we get a ring.

I still think Ginn was too fast for every other QB he's had.  Cam with just a flick of the wrist can get it downfield to a streaking Ginn, no one else in his career has been able to overthrow him.

If Ginn has to slow down he's terrible, full speed though, above average.

Cam's laser rocket arm and Ginn's wheels are just a good combo.

47 had one of worst experiences of football I've seen in some time. keV was abusing him on multiple catches(to the point where he didn't want to tackle),  super whiff on Ginn TD and he got trucked by stew on one play. Similar stuff happened on STs too. I was shocked he hasn't gotten cut immediately after the game.

Earlier this week, Coach Rivera said he wished Cam would call out his teammates more. I thought that was interesting in that outsiders would say he is not a good teammate but don't realize he never calls out receivers for making mistakes.  I believe Ginn is successful here because if he drops a ball (which people here and everywhere always bring up) Cam is just going to throw it to him again. Could you imagine Ted Ginn playing with Aaron Rodgers? He had Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, and he was constantly throwing them under the bus. Confidence goes a long way for a player and Cam gives Ginn confidence.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Well, yeah, there is that. 

If Ginn had great hands, he would not be on Carolina's team. There would be no way they could afford him. 

If Ginn had great hands, the Dolphins would've looked smart drafting him 10th overall. Of course, Ginn was the smarter choice over back then fan favorite Brady Quinn. 

Archived