• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spoke to Bene ....

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, PhillyB said:

i recall the opposite being true

Me too. 

Bene just happened to give up a couple of big plays against Seattle (and some other team I can't remember), so I guess that means he isn't good at the nickle. 

Nevermind the fact that every starting corner in the history of the NFL has been beaten before. You can't judge a player on one or two plays. Gotta focus on the body of work. Though it can be difficult at times.

So the play after the sack Bene put a nice hit on Henry.  Possibly my favorite play he made considering the size difference.

That blitz that goth him a sack seemed like the defense was actually imposing itself rather than sitting back. Might've been against backups ups but they were so much more active.

13 hours ago, top dawg said:

Makes you wonder then why is he not on the outside

If you remember, at the Combine, Rivera and/or Gettleman talked about giving Bene the opportunity to move back outside.  We thought he would be opposite J-No.  Then comes the departure of J-No... things changed.  Bene is our most experienced guy at Nickel.  Sanchez is probably not quite ready for prime time at Nickel yet.  So, the need at Nickel makes playing Bene in the slot a good option.  Also, his leg/ankle injury probably makes limiting Bene's snaps not a bad idea, at least early in the season. 

Archived