• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spoke to Bene ....

Jeremy Igo

Thrilled to see him making plays today, and especially that he snagged that INT.  He's one of my favorite guys on the team, and I've been concerned about his recovery.  Today has got to be a big boost for his confidence and morale, giving him some extra motivation to keep pounding, keep rehabbing, keep playing in spite of the pain.

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Bene earned his lunch money in the nickel. I don't understand why people are clamoring for him to move. If we need an outside corner, then we should sign one.

No one is really clamoring for it. If they want to leave Worley out on the outside as a trial by fire, I'm good with it.  It'll take him time and experience to improve and he'll get plenty of it. 

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Because Bene prefers to be on the outside. Make him comfortable then. He played well there during his rookie campaign with Norman.

The way I see it, Bradberry and Benwikere should be our starting CBs and Sanchez should be our Nickel (we drafted him for that reason).

I don't remember Benwikere being a standout outside corner his rookie year. I remember him doing fairly well as a stand-in, but more on a stop-gap level. It would be interesting if someone had his efficiency ratings on the outside and in the nickel. I could be wrong, but it seems to me like his best work has been in the slot. 

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't remember Benwikere being a standout outside corner his rookie year. I remember him doing fairly well as a stand-in, but more on a stop-gap level. It would be interesting if someone had his efficiency ratings on the outside and in the nickel. I could be wrong, but it seems to me like his best work has been in the slot. 

He was better outside than in. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Makes you wonder then why is he not on the outside. Maybe after the Worley waxing...

I think the key is a combination of was and it being fan opinion not coach opinion. I think with the importance of nickel that coaches value experience there. I'd think it's more to know and execute properly than outside 

Archived