• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 most likely Panthers players to have a breakout season

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Would it be safe to say Mayo is ahead of Klein in a depth chart now? I know they are both officially listed as second string different positions, but in the general LB pecking order. Klein is officially listed as MLB, but it seems like Mayo played that some in Baltimore? Also what does this mean for Ben Jacobs?

Mayo showed a great deal of intensity and preparation in the Baltimore game, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

definitely not.

I'm fine with Mayo on special teams but I need to see more than making tackles several yards down field.

Re: Funchess 

Hearing alot about how he's a good mix of size and speed w/ route running.     So what's a good comparison? It's sounding like people are calling him the next Julio Jones or A.J Green.   

Who does Funchess compare to in regards to current All-Pro WR's in the league?  

I've heard a Brandon Marshall comparison but to me,  KB seems more like a Brandon Marshall. 

Maybe Funch is kind've like Vincent Jackson in his prime?  What about Issac Bruce back in the day? 

To me,  I like the Funch/A.J Green comparison.    They seem similar in build and speed.  

What says you?

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Probably Colin jones

dude I was watching had dreads.   Was either Boston or the infamous DB who actually started the Bat-gate drama.   But I think it was Boston. 

But in fairness, everyone defended the run like garbage for chunks of that game. 

2 hours ago, ShutDwn said:

I'll call it now, Funchess leads team in yards and Shaq has more INTs than any other LB.

Shaq sure had quite a few ints in training camp, but unless they find a way to keep him on the field for more plays, he'll have a tough time topping Luke and TD.

20 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Shaq sure had quite a few ints in training camp, but unless they find a way to keep him on the field for more plays, he'll have a tough time topping Luke and TD.

He's going to stay on the field for nickle situations quite a bit and will cover many of of the QBs favorite options. 

49 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Might have been Ball. He had a bad game and Boston wasn't likely out there after a few series. I think Ball, Boston and one other DB I can't think of have dreads.

Yeah, Dixon has them as well.  3 safeties rocking dreads.  Hard to tell apart.

12 hours ago, SuperCamDaGawd said:

Thank you for replying. I could definitely see him back there full time in that Kam Chancellor type role. You're right he may need to drop some weight tho. Do you know if the staff has ever considered it, or would? Again thanks

#KEEPPOUNDING

Shaq is pure linebacker and will replace TD when he retires and be there his entire career for us. I'm sure of that. He could probably be a SS but he's an even better LB. And with his intelligence at that position in addition to other intangibles, it'd be easier to find someone else at SS than at LB if we moved him. The hits he lays on people are linebacker hits, not safety hits.

Archived