• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 most likely Panthers players to have a breakout season

Jeremy Igo

Question Zod.... Is it just me or would it be to make use of Shaq's size and speed, as well as his coverage speed and put him at SS. I believe he could be Top 3 in the league

#KEEPPOUNDING

I don't think he could play SS full time. He is quite a bit bigger than Tre or Kurt. Would need to drop 15 pounds of muscle probably.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I don't think he could play SS full time. He is quite a bit bigger than Tre or Kurt. Would need to drop 15 pounds of muscle probably.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Indeed. Shaq is a bona fide LB at his listed 230 weight. Our 7 safeties average out to 206+ lbs. 

I'd love to see Funchess have a breakout season, but with KB back, Olsen a frequent target, and Ginn around, I think we'd have to see considerably more passes from the offense this year.

Unless he like revolutionizes the special teams game, mayo isn't a candidate until Thomas Davis completes his phylactery. 

Also judging on the difference between him from now and last year, the only thing he'll break through of the walls of the testing facility when he fails a piss test.

dude isn't even trying to hide it. 

31 minutes ago, caatfan said:

Indeed. Shaq is a bona fide LB at his listed 230 weight. Our 7 safeties average out to 206+ lbs. 

I'd love to see Funchess have a breakout season, but with KB back, Olsen a frequent target, and Ginn around, I think we'd have to see considerably more passes from the offense this year.

I believe that if Funchess is as good as people have said, then his very presence will have the most prolific impact on our team, even if he doesn't directly benefit. If he helps to free up any of the others, that will be huge. I think that his impact in the red zone alone, will be almost palpable.

Don't get me wrong, more Shaq will make our defense that much stronger, but just be cognizant of the complete Funchess effect on offense.

Not even going to address why bringing up Seattle when talking about Boston is dumb. People hold onto one memory of him much like they did with Josh.

I'll call it now, Funchess leads team in yards and Shaq has more INTs than any other LB.

41 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Unless he like revolutionizes the special teams game, mayo isn't a candidate until Thomas Davis completes his phylactery. 

Also judging on the difference between him from now and last year, the only thing he'll break through of the walls of the testing facility when he fails a piss test.

dude isn't even trying to hide it. 

Mayo was big as hell as a rookie too. Why even bring that up unless you have some actual evidence that he's juicing?

1 hour ago, SuperCamDaGawd said:

Thank you for replying. I could definitely see him back there full time in that Kam Chancellor type role. You're right he may need to drop some weight tho. Do you know if the staff has ever considered it, or would? Again thanks

#KEEPPOUNDING

Shaq wouldn't be so great as a full time safety, as the smaller, shifter slot guys would eat him up.   

He'll excell against the larger receivers though.

2 hours ago, PhillyB said:

man i really hope you're right about tre boston. he was my biggest concern coming into the season with that depleted secondary.

I still need to rewatch last game....there was some DB doing the "Godfrey flop" out there.  You know, the pointless tossing of his body around as guys just ran by

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Boston -> Mayo -> Bradberry -> Funch -> Shaq 

Would it be safe to say Mayo is ahead of Klein in a depth chart now? I know they are both officially listed as second string different positions, but in the general LB pecking order. Klein is officially listed as MLB, but it seems like Mayo played that some in Baltimore? Also what does this mean for Ben Jacobs?

Mayo showed a great deal of intensity and preparation in the Baltimore game, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Archived