• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 most likely Panthers players to have a breakout season

Jeremy Igo

man i really hope you're right about tre boston. he was my biggest concern coming into the season with that depleted secondary.

Tre Boston was really my biggest concern on this list as well. I think he doesn't need to get too antsy back there and let the plays come to him. I'm also interested to see how well he tackles in the open field this year as well.

It seemed like almost every time Boston came in the game last year, he ended up making a play, so I'm not that concerned about him. He can cover a lot of ground out there and he's a team player.

I'm glad you put Mayo on the list Jeremy. Even last year, I noticed him making plays on ST's coverage units. He can definitely run and make a big hit. I'll be looking forward to seeing him play some more MLB in the remaining pre season games.

I'm disappointed that Williams isn't on the list, but I guess you can't have it all.

3 minutes ago, Bj-Monster23 said:

Tre Boston was really my biggest concern on this list as well. I think he doesn't need to get too antsy back there and let the plays come to him. I'm also interested to see how well he tackles in the open field this year as well.

he has been routinely abused in pass coverage whenever he's asked to start. he has his moments (see: atlanta, christmas 2014) but then russell wilson ate him alive in the playoffs two games later. i don't know if he's overagressive or what but he often seems to get lost in space.and allow his man to get over the top.

i really hope he comes out and kicks everyone's ass.

Very nice list of players.  As others have commented, it's great to see Tre Boston on the list.  He's the only "surprise" to me in the sense that there hasn't been all that much focus on him in training camp.  But I do sense he's ready to have a very solid season.

It's a bit worrying that there's no DE on the list.  I know many of us were hoping that Delaire, Cox or Miley would shine and prove to be a breakout player who could eventually step in for CJ in case we don't renew CJ following this season.  Such a shame about Cox's back problems.  Hopefully Delaire will learn from his bad outing against Baltimore...

Archived