• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 things I learned at Panthers training camp...

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

vernon butler really was a brilliant pick now that it's all said and done. gives us leverage with short and it keeps the interior DL fresh and hungry, which is going to be help give marginal DEs one-on-one matchups late in the game.

and don't forget butler can kick out wide - don't be surprised to see mcdermott throw in a few wrinkles that have him rushing the passer.

gettles owns

I will say this, it probably going to be awfully tough to run on us.....passing may be a little easier than last season, but we will stop the run.

Star, KK, Butler, Soliai, Some Money, and Ealy can all play vs. the run well.

50 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Stand corrected.  I had heard at one time that he wanted all the guarantee money in the first year or something like that.

He wants either that (which has been provided to 75% of all top 5 picks) or no offset language. He'll settle for one or the other which isn't asking a lot when you come down to it. I know the Eagles are paying Wentz 1 million of his guaranteed money next year for tax reasons that I'm not privy to, but that was beneficial for both Wentz and the Eagles to do so. He essentially gets 99% of all is money in year one. The Bolts want to split Bosa's up around 50-50. 

The offset language is the real nut kicker for the players. I'd never sign a contract with that stipulation in it. 

7 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

There are things you can do schematic wise that could help the DE's though.

Yes, I've been wondering about this.  Thinking that if DE depth is thin, and as long as Butler progresses quickly, if we keep 5 DTs, we could perhaps swing KK to the outside sometimes?  KK, Mario outside, and either Butler & Soliai inside, or Soliai and Love inside.

But really hoping Miley or Delaire will really step it up in the remainder of the preseason games.  After all, there are still 3 games to go.  It feels like the season's almost here, but there's still plenty of time for them to improve.

Perhaps as it cools down and the grind of training camp is over they'll play better...

Archived