• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 things I learned at Panthers training camp...

Jeremy Igo

The Byrd hype may be real, but I'm not so sure about his chances of making the roster...

Don't get me wrong... I would love for him to make it, for himself and for us... But if we take 5 WRs I really think he won't be one of them.

I'd specifically like to farm Tampa or Atlanta for any talent they might have. Like Delaire last year, it's a little more fun when we use our little brother's own hand to slap him in the face.

Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself.

51 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Yeah, for DG to say he loves Hog Mollies so much.  He truly has ignored the DE position immensely the past couple of years.  Besides the obvious trade halfway through the season for Jared Allen.  The DE position (besides in the Super Bowl) has been borderline shitty for the most part.  

He drafted Ealy in the 2nd in 2014....

Do you guys think that DE's grow on trees?  There is a reason that Tampa, NO, and ATL have struggled to get pass rush help the last few years.

Positions that we have a top 5-10 unit.

QB

LB

DT

WR

TE

G/C

We have a ton of talent here, but you won't be able to fill every single hole.  While I do worry about our DE's and T's..it's just the way the game is.

Honestly, we're not that bad off at DE. We have CJ, Ealy and Addison who are proven and solid. All we really need to do is find one more decent back up pass rusher and we will be fine. IMO, Gettleman had the right idea going after another interior pass rusher in Vernon Butler because the shortest route to the QB is right up the middle. 

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

He drafted Ealy in the 2nd in 2014....

Do you guys think that DE's grow on trees?  There is a reason that Tampa, NO, and ATL have struggled to get pass rush help the last few years.

Positions that we have a top 5-10 unit.

QB

LB

DT

WR

TE

G/C

We have a ton of talent here, but you won't be able to fill every single hole.  While I do worry about our DE's and T's..it's just the way the game is.

Not only that 4-3 DE are harder to find.

1 minute ago, Benotheking said:

I'm not concerned about our DE. How many teams can say they have 3 DE that can get 7 plus sacks a season. I'm still holding out hope for delaire. I'm not going to bash him for one pre season game.

It's far more than one preseason game.  He's an UDFA from Towson who only flashed in one game period.  I have seen him out of uniform and can tell you he simply doesn't look like an NFL DE, in or out of uniform.  GMan said Butler was a whole lotta man.  Think the opposite of Ryan.  I wish him best of luck in future endeavors, but he needs to go.

Archived