• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 things I learned at Panthers training camp...

Jeremy Igo

Hopefully, Gettleman will find another young diamond in the rough  DE to sign.

I'm really excited about KB, Funchess,and Shaq Thompson though. Just imagine the mismatches Shula can create with these WR's and TE's. If any team tries to double Olsen this season, they will pay dearly. Shaq will add another element on defense now that he will be a full time starter. We now have three LBers who can run sideline to sideline as well as any in the league, and Shaq can cover WR's and TE's.

Edit...I really should say that all three of those LBers are good in pass coverage.

1 minute ago, ItsNotGonnaBeAlright said:

If Defensive End turns out to be our biggest liability on defense, I'd like to request 1 week bans for anyone who starts a Greg Hardy thread.

Do it now, and just keep it in force when that does happen.

In fact I think Igo should go back and retroactively ban anyone who has started a Hardy thread in the last 6 months.

Yeah, for DG to say he loves Hog Mollies so much.  He truly has ignored the DE position immensely the past couple of years.  Besides the obvious trade halfway through the season for Jared Allen.  The DE position (besides in the Super Bowl) has been borderline shitty for the most part.  

9 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Yeah, for DG to say he loves Hog Mollies so much.  He truly has ignored the DE position immensely the past couple of years.  Besides the obvious trade halfway through the season for Jared Allen.  The DE position (besides in the Super Bowl) has been borderline shitty for the most part.  

Yes, and now there's no 7th, making a trade for the current active sacks leader more unlikely unless we go delving into 2018's picks, and for who?  Allen was also 33 with prior DWI issues and 5.5 sacks in 18 games.  

Of course GMan can pluck diamonds from the rough, but it'll be a feeding frenzy for guys already deemed unworthy by inferior teams in a league that values the position.  

Can't say he completely ignored the position though.  He did franchise tag a guy that's still a year younger than Allen was when Allen himself had 22 sacks, a guy that's been working with the world's most renowned combine trainer in Florida.

Archived