• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera confirms what many of us saw...

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pretty much, or at least having to change course due to a disruption along the OL immediately. 

Yeah, I noticed. It was slo-mo trainwreck watching it. Poor soul looked like a deer in headlights, nothing like we saw last preseason. I do not even think J-Stew could have done any better. Wegher looked like D Will just before he left the Panthers...........we need Ward the punisher again to open the lanes up like Moses staff bruh

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Classic Rivera. Praise folks in public, criticize in private and see things from his players point of view. Exactly why he is so loved by his players and they work their tails off for him.

Not really. Rivera is a straight shooter. For instance, said Williams has not pushed enough to compete with Remmers today. 

You thought Wegher had plenty of room to run. Ron Rivera disagrees. No biggie. 

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Comments like this lend evidence against the "attempting to sneak him onto the PS" theory. One would think he would be downplaying Wegher as much as possible if that were the case. 

Not Rivera's style. He doesn't lie when asked a direct question at all like some other coaches out there. He may not bring a player up on his own if he wants him under the radar, but he won't lie if asked about him. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not really. Rivera is a straight shooter. For instance, said Williams has not pushed enough to compete with Remmers today. 

You thought Wegher had plenty of room to run. Ron Rivera disagrees. No biggie. 

I never said he had room to run,  I simply said he didn't play well and when he did get a shot to run or catch a pass he didn't do anything. Rivera didn't exactly say he was fine and did a great job either. I love how you like to cast things in terms of extremes whenever someone disagrees with you. No wonder folks do that on the huddle, you are their role model like all the criticism of Shula which proved to be way off base.

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not Rivera's style. He doesn't lie when asked a direct question at all like some other coaches out there. He may not bring a player up on his own if he wants him under the radar, but he won't lie if asked about him. 

Didn't say he would lie, but I don't think he'd go out of his way to make excuses (even if the excuses are completely legitimate). I'd expect him to have something like "we're going to want to see him under different circumstances" or something like that. I'm not saying I know one way or the other, just that I interpret the comment to lend evidence against the "stash him" theory. 

Archived