• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watch: Play of the Day - Damiere Byrd Touchdown

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cams subsequent celebration caused a bit of a stir on the field.

Bene is a shell. Looks like Godfrey post injury.

4 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Meh, Funchess had the better play(s) today. He burned our secondary to hell.

I believe the bigger point to take from all of this is how poorly the secondary is doing to make the receivers look like pro bowlers from KB to Byrd.

5 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...this D is going up against the  best in the league...its only going to make them that much better...

The receivers look like the best in the league because they are going up against the worst secondary in the league. Getting beat by receivers that have no shot at most NFL rosters is not good.

Imagine what will happen when this secondary faces the Packers, Seahawks, or Cardinals if they are being destroyed by KB, Funchess, Ginn, Bersin, Brown, and Byrd. The match up with the Broncos receivers is concerning regardless of their QB the way this secondary keeps playing.

I also am concerned that the receivers will not be ready for the tougher competition they will face this season due to the weakness of the secondary they are practicing against. McClain is the best competition the Panthers have at CB. That is a red flag.

I guess the Panthers will have to learn the hard way during the season before they address this with some CB acquisitions if the front office wants to compete for a championship this year.

Archived