• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Notes and photos - Day 12 - come and get it

Jeremy Igo

36 minutes ago, jayflip said:

My Saturday just got better. And I spent my afternoon at the Little Italy Ballast Point tasting room. 

@davos go there now and then eat at Crack Shack immediately afterward. 

I did Stone and Orfila in Escondido today! Haha.

Just got back from Swami's Cove.  There's like no swell lately!

I guess Voth got an interview with Coach Washington.  Had some info on Delaire.

"With a season under his belt, Delaire was hopeful some new moves would help him in year No. 2. But against the Ravens, he was noticeable for all the wrong reasons. If he wasn't losing contain, he was seemingly just getting pushed out of the way.

Fortunately for him, coaches don't often make final judgments after one preseason game.

"We're definitely excited about Ryan," Washington reiterated. "It takes energy to rush — and he's got a ton of it. That was clear the other night.

"Now, we've got to make sure the energy is focused. Sometimes he's all thrust and no vector."

Like most defensive linemen, Delaire's trying to climb the college-to-NFL learning curve that typically takes at least a couple seasons. And his path is even steeper coming from Towson, an FCS school.

Delaire did have a potential 'light bulb goes on' moment in Saturday's practice. When quarterback Cam Newton attempted to run off a play-action, Delaire was there to meet him on the edge.

"It's about situations and making sure you absorb that so you can take all that energy and direct it in a position where we can maximize our production opportunity," Washington said. "Those are the things that come with experience, reps, meetings and attention to detail.

"He'll get those things. I've seen everybody go through that."'

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-defensive-end-depth/

Jeremy blessing us with 4 pages on a "slow" day. You're too good to us.

Is Wegher getting any snaps with the ones? There is NO WAY to tell what he really is made of unless he can get some snaps beside Cam and running behind a competent O-line. Until then, we really don't know what we have in him.

Jeremy blessing us with 4 pages on a "slow" day. You're too good to us.

Is Wegher getting any snaps with the ones? There is NO WAY to tell what he really is made of unless he can get some snaps beside Cam and running behind a competent O-line. Until then, we really don't know what we have in him.

It looks like Wegher may have actually dropped a bit. Fewer second string zero first

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived