• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at Baltimore Ravens Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Oh come on, 4.28 speed doesn't grow on trees. Yes, he muffed the punt, but it was because he was too aggressive to try and make a play. It wasn't the same as the Ravens player who just dropped the ball when he was right under it. Maybe Byrd should have been in better position, but he never really got to the ball versus letting it go through the bread basket. I think there is a big difference and I think what he did is easy to teach.

Again, those were his first NFL kick and punt returns. Also, according to this he had 1 kick return as a freshman and 2 kick returns as a sophomore and 0 punt returns at SC. Byrd had 0 live game punt returns in the NFL or college before tonight.

From what I've seen and heard, I'm impressed with his performance. We have pretty much always had a weakness or simply average return game and Bryd outperformed what we usually have. In regards to the muffed punt, I'm kind of glad it happened. It's better for it to happen here in the Preseason where he can experience it and learn from it than in actual games where it matters. Bryd will learn from this with the help of the coaches, as seen with Rivera speaking with him after the game, and he will use it to make himself better.

8 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I missed the game but I see the Huddle is already in mid-season form.

Who were the standouts outside the string offense and defense?

All the receivers looked great, PF. Klein and the D had a day of not wrapping up runners and getting pounded on a little bit. Funchess got him an easy one, Cam moved the ball with ease and looked great. Butler needs more time. 

Everyone is healthy, no injuries.

9 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Was that Rigsbee?

Reece Dismukes.

Who the radio announcer called "Dismuke Ree" on the air.

He's one of my Auburn boys and, sadly, he was terrible.  Worse than terrible actually.  Catastrophic.

Helluva college player though.  Just goes to show.

Archived