• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at Baltimore Ravens Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

Worse thing to do on the huddle is muff a punt lol, you never recover from the hate.

I believe Bryd is fine, he played one hell of a game! 

Fair question: If a QB played well and got the ball back in the clutch with a shot at the win, and threw an awful pick on the first play, would you say he played one hell of a game?

I mean, we all have different biases but there's clearly a separate set of expectations and a much longer leash for some scrubs over others

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Fair question: If a QB played well and got the ball back in the clutch with a shot at the win, and threw an awful pick on the first play, would you say he played one hell of a game?

I mean, we all have different biases but there's clearly a separate set of expectations and a much longer leash for some scrubs over others

Apples and oranges, our qb is an mvp vet. Bryd is a 2nd year guy with hardly any playing time. If he was to muff one, let it be preseason. Its fine as long as it doesnt become common. As for the game he made a beautiful catch. Was solid everywhere else. He was an absolute threat on kickoff returns.  Really really really how long has it been for us to have a kickoff return threat? ...maybe back when SMitty was a rookie?  What I saw from Bryd tonight was a win overall. He will learn from it.

9 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

Apples and oranges, our qb is an mvp vet. Bryd is a 2nd year guy with hardly any playing time. If he was to muff one, let it be preseason. Its fine as long as it doesnt become common. As for the game he made a beautiful catch. Was solid everywhere else. He was an absolute threat on kickoff returns.  Really really really how long has it been for us to have a kickoff return threat? ...maybe back when SMitty was a rookie?  What I saw from Bryd tonight was a win overall. He will learn from it.

Notice I didn't say "our QB," I said "a QB." Really for comparison's sake, you could go with a second-year QB and most still wouldn't say he played well if he made plays only to fold like a chair when it mattered most.

I've seen dozens of Damiere Byrds before, here and on other teams. He's a nice story to root for, but I think he's overrated on here. But if the coaching staff likes him, he will get chances

43 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

WTF? A pass on 4th and goal down 3 with a little over 2 min left??????

Are you shitting me rivera? Fire his fuging ass. 

That has to be the dumbest move in the history of football. 

this season is over if he continues this dumb poo. 

I'm going to boycott this team. I've had enough. 

Please tell me you're kidding.

48 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Oh come on, 4.28 speed doesn't grow on trees. Yes, he muffed the punt, but it was because he was too aggressive to try and make a play. It wasn't the same as the Ravens player who just dropped the ball when he was right under it. Maybe Byrd should have been in better position, but he never really got to the ball versus letting it go through the bread basket. I think there is a big difference and I think what he did is easy to teach.

Again, those were his first NFL kick and punt returns. Also, according to this he had 1 kick return as a freshman and 2 kick returns as a sophomore and 0 punt returns at SC. Byrd had 0 live game punt returns in the NFL or college before tonight.

Thank you for providing such good perspective and a nice dose of reality into this discussion.

Archived