• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers tight end conundrum....

Jeremy Igo

I like the fact that Sandland  had the moxie to leave Miami and go to a small school where he could actually play and show his potential. If not, he'd likely not have been in our camp (possibly anyone's). Just like Mayo and Wegher, really, he did what he had to do to get on the stage. 

As for Deaver, I love the fact that he's a native North Carolinian and hometown kid that had stepped forward and let his presence be known. 

Both those guys could have dialed it in and said "fug it!"  They want to play, despite obstacles, and have put in the work to catch the eyes of the brass. I am certainly not viewing them as some side note. They both have some good measurable and potential, and, believe it or not, probably are about as close in those areas---measurables and potential---as the top players of this draft at the TE position.

On 8/10/2016 at 9:58 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Looking like Olsen, Dickson, Simonson are locks... and that Gettleman will finally have to cut a draft pick.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/08/10/carolina-panthers-tight-ends/

Pretty sure my question to you was, "why wouldn't Lucas make it over Sanderland?" "Because Gettlemagic isn't into cutting draft picks."

Welp....

May not have been my exact question but the answer is proven wrong. I have a feeling it will be proven wrong again when Wegher makes the team over Cap. Though i'd rather see Fozzy get the ax than Cap just because I think Wegher can fill that scat back type role without having the prototypical measurements. 

Archived