• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera clears up running back speculation..

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, WesleyM said:

I dont think he would stay there long. Its been a long time since last year but people dont forget how much he balled out last preseason

The thing about taking someone off another team's PS is that you have to sign and keep that player on your 53.

Now maybe somebody is ready to do that with a kid that's never played a regular season down and was signed as an UDFA, but it would be surprising.

6 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

The thing about taking someone off another team's PS is that you have to sign and keep that player on your 53.

Now maybe somebody is ready to do that with a kid that's never played a regular season down and was signed as an UDFA, but it would be surprising.

Happened to us last year. Both ways

We signed Delaire off the Washington practice squad, and lost Adarius Glanton when Tampa signed him off ours

5 hours ago, Smithers said:

I didn't realize that CAP is 26.  Just a year younger than Fozzy.  Regardless, I'd rather roll with CAP and Wegher and cut Fozzy.  We don't need to carry 5 backs (if you include Tolbert).

Wegher has never had one legit NFL carry....

without Fozzy we don't make our late 2014 run.  Fozzy can make plays and big ones.  Could easily argue he isn't biggest home run threat we have.

now I am not bashing Wegher...but he Fozzy hate and Wegher love IMO is over done both ways 

I'm disgusted.. With fozzys frame he needs to be more elusive and shifty his speed is average and tends to burst immediately with not much vision.. Unless this is his breakout year(lol) we should go with wegher and cap... Cap of course has great vision and patience and I feel wegher matches fozzys speed but with power and vision

Stew, Tolbert, Fozzy, and Cap. Roll with that this year, and get a hoss in the draft next year. IMO, it would be a mistake letting Fozzy go. 

You cut Wegher if it comes down to it, and stash him on the PS. If he's scooped up by another team, than it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Gettleman and Co. will keep the best 53 players.

If Wegher and CAP both perform they will both be kept. If they both show out, they won't be cut over a 6th corner/6th WR that has less impact.

So basically I call BS.

Special teams ability generally gets those last couple guys a roster spot...not their depth at their own spot.  

Wegher is in the toughest spot.  Probably needs to earn KR duty IMO

1 minute ago, SJTG4 said:

well how can he earn that if fozzy scrub ass is holding up that position as well?

Fozzy had been a decent situational RB when healthy and made big plays. 

Fozzy has not been a good KR man.  So IMO KR is wideopen and be held by anyone.  

Archived