• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera clears up running back speculation..

Jeremy Igo

I think we head into next season the same way we did last season in regards to this position group. 

HB-

Stewart - Well be the workhorse

CAP - Being the closest thing to Stewart will spell / injury replace

Fozzy - Will continue to be the receiving/scat

Wegher - Will be inactive games that Stewart is healthy

FB-

Tolbert - Same role as previously

I'm not really seeing any need to cut a player here unless we keep a 4th TE.

8 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

CAP also fumbles which negates from the little stats he has. Your not taking into account Whittaker pass catch which is what he's known for, a scat back. He's also our best kick returner.

You mean he had 1 fumble last year so he "fumbles"?

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not really. Fozzy had 5.3 ypr in 2015 on only 12 receptions (hardly enough to be known for it) and CAP had 11.6 ypr.

Whittaker had a 0.9 yards per kick return better average than Joe Webb. He was 43rd in the NFL in return yards and 61st in return average.

Again, nothing Fozzie did in 2015 was worth saying he's known for it. 2014 he was better in ypr, but he had 5, yes 5 receptions and his kick return average was 0.6 yards per return better, again not anywhere close to top notch.

Your making defend Fozzy like if I really care for him, when I don't. The reality is Fozzy is the only back in our team with some semblance of speed and I guess the coaches like that, they also trust him more than those two other guys. And you keep using CAP minimal stats as if they mean something, 11 ypr means abosoutly nothing when you have less than 15 receptions.

Like I said in my first post I think we should ride it out with the same guys from last season and draft a legit back next year. If CAP and Weghner were as good as everyone on here seems to make them out to be, they would have gotten more snaps by now. 

Yeah I think this was more motivational rather than saying where are not going to keep all 5. I'm sure if both CAP and Wegher perform well in preseason, we'll find a way to keep both again.  If we want to carry 4 TEs, the most logical is to keep only 5 WRs this year or cut either Love or Jacobs and have 4 DTs or just 6 LBs. 

19 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I forgot they blame Cam, when the RB mess up the hand off

You can't blame the running back until the ball is in his possession.  It would be dumb to credit any back with a fumble, when the QB still has their hands on the ball.

I really hope that if we only keep 4 backs Fozzy is the odd man out. IMO wegher practicing KR said to me that they were looking at the possibility of Fozzy going away. The PS will basically answer all the questions we have and I bet we get a heathy dose of both CAP and Wegher Thursday. Also, my eyes may have been tricking me but I could of sworn I saw CAP put the ball on the ground in goal line drills at Fan Fest

Archived