• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers training camp notes and photos - Day 9

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I'd figure Jacobs or Colin Jones.

So this means Cash needs to be big on special teams to make his case.

I just don't see letting go of a special teams ace with experience playing with the ones. Cash can't replace Jones' speed as a gunner.

Igo, can you update us on where Sandland and Simonson have been lining up? Like have they been lining up at FB or been on any special teams squads at all? Someone mentioned Sandland had been lining up at FB some. Hopefully that's a good sign he's a good blocker.

57 minutes ago, ShutDwn said:

so if he makes the team, which LB gets cut for Cash? 

IMO, With us most likely keeping 3 backup OL, that could free up space to keep both Cash and Jacobs. That would depend if they feel they need to keep Jacobs so that special teams doesn't take a hit.

They only way we can keep all 7 LBs (Luke, TD, Shaq, AJ, Jacobs, Mayo, Cash) is to only roll with 4 DTs and 5 DEs. I just don't know if 7 LBs is necessary. I don't know who of Jacobs, Mayo, Cash would be the one to get cut though. I guess that's what the pre-season is for.

It's going to be a tough decision for the staff. 

I know it's not popular to cut draft picks but I think Cash's upside is alot higher than David Mayo. I believe that Cash has the skill set that can transition into one of the better special team players on are team. Plus I think there is a greater chance Mayo makes it to the practice squad with out being claimed.

Archived