• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Psssssssssssst... There is a Panthers game this week...

Jeremy Igo

On 8/7/2016 at 1:00 PM, CRA said:

F beans, just realized I am in Charleston on Thurs.  Anyone here from Charleston? Do they air those on local TV down that way?

Yes, we see every Panther's game, preseason or regular, No black outs here. The game will air 7:30pm on CBS local ch.5

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Firmly entrenched as day 1 starters?  I don't think so. 

Most rookie CBs aren't ready to be anything more than a situational player week 1.  Preseason for these guys is going to show exactly what they can do and how they can fit in. 

They are going to get lots of work this preseason.  Coaches are going to want to know if they need FA CBs before the season starts 

I know you will find this difficult to believe, but I am going to have to disagree with you my Huddle Brethren. The 2 rookies are getting a good look with the 1s for a reason. And the reason is to be ready week 1. Win or lose, our fates just may land on the shoulders of those 2 rooks.

At least we have Bene, and McClain, to lean on. So best case, the kids are holding their own come playoff time. Although, with the D we have, it may not be the catastrophe many are expecting. Hellz, even with 2 rookie corners we should be one stout D.

I for one, am using the ol' "Until it's broke, I gonna assume it's working" approach.

On 8/7/2016 at 8:55 AM, Kuhndog94 said:

I expect to see two series with CAP heavily featured in the second series. Its gonna be sad that he'll end it so quickly with a 70 yard TD run.

Only if Coleman is at SS trying to fill the gap CAP is running to while being pummeled by a TE. Just like Fan Fest and practices. 

On 8/7/2016 at 1:00 PM, CRA said:

F beans, just realized I am in Charleston on Thurs.  Anyone here from Charleston? Do they air those on local TV down that way?

I spend a decent amount of time in Charleston during the year traveling up and down the coast. Should be on Ch 9 if you have cable (channel 5 over the air).

23 hours ago, DeSim said:

does anyone know what channel it's gonna be on? 

I'm in Charlotte and I have PlayStation vue service, and I checked Fox, CBS, MyTV, and I don't see the game showing up on guide. 

Check The CW. Not sure that channel is available on PSvue.

19 hours ago, Dick the Butcher said:

I'm curious to see how much work Bradberry and Worley get.  They're firmly entrenched as Day 1 starters, but at the same time they're rookies.  Odd situation for the coaches.

Looks like they are about to lose their position to Robert McClain. Not good at all.

14 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I know you will find this difficult to believe, but I am going to have to disagree with you my Huddle Brethren. The 2 rookies are getting a good look with the 1s for a reason. And the reason is to be ready week 1. Win or lose, our fates just may land on the shoulders of those 2 rooks.

At least we have Bene, and McClain, to lean on. So best case, the kids are holding their own come playoff time. Although, with the D we have, it may not be the catastrophe many are expecting. Hellz, even with 2 rookie corners we should be one stout D.

I for one, am using the ol' "Until it's broke, I gonna assume it's working" approach.

You know Rivera is going with vets as soon as the rookies show problems with communication. They have been showing issues with communication throughout camp and can be seen frustrated following their mistakes. Wilks is letting them hear it, and having to carefully stroke what appears to be a fragile ego on Worley.

7 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I didn't say they wouldn't get good looks and the opportunity for the sky to be the limit...

but saying those 2 rookie CBs are entrenched as day 1 starters...I don't know how anyone can buy that right now.  I mean if you watch rookie CBs play very few are ready to be week 1 starters....let alone landing two

normally not a talent issue with rookies bit a tremendous learning curve. In no way is that a knock on those guys.  But people seem to be setting unrealistic expectations for them.

7 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I can't wait to see the huddle meltdown if our offense struggles in "vanilla" preseason mode.

You mean when Cam isn't allowed to ball out? We don't pound Stewart? And drop back and pass over and over?

Yeah, I could see the offense "struggling" as Shula again doesn't run the offense in preseason 

Looking forward to seeing Worley and Byrd. Since the night of the draft I've had a feeling Worley may be the best of the 3 corners atleast in the short term. I'm still scared of the small school players being drafted high (Silatolu).

12 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why would he? 

Don't know why he would....he never does with the starters.  But I agree, their will be a tiny panic when we don't consistently move the ball in preseason

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I didn't say they wouldn't get good looks and the opportunity for the sky to be the limit...

but saying those 2 rookie CBs are entrenched as day 1 starters...I don't know how anyone can buy that right now.  I mean if you watch rookie CBs play very few are ready to be week 1 starters....let alone landing two

normally not a talent issue with rookies bit a tremendous learning curve. In no way is that a knock on those guys.  But people seem to be setting unrealistic expectations for them.

Nothing you said there is inaccurate. Unfortunately, you could be wrong as well. The rooks will be given every opportunity to win the starting jobs. Whether that is the right thing to do? Or even the smart thing to do? That is the debate. With McClain being the only real threat to them, they pretty much are starters by default.

With that said. I am real sure Rivera and Co. will do everything in their power to help the kids. The rooks will get a whole lot more attention than most rookie CBs get. Which is the one fact I am hanging my hat on.

Most rookie CBs rarely run with the ones. Ours started out with the ones.

Most rookie CBs are not counted on to start, so they are brought along slowly. Ours are being force fed, and are being counted on to grow up rather quickly.

I also believe that Rivera and Co. are smart enough to have a grasp on how the kids are progressing. By the time the season starts, our D will be tweaked to cover any, and all, weaknesses our young CBs are showing. Play to their strengths, cover up their weaknesses.

We should be good enough as a team to weather the storm. So that by Playoff time. The rooks are not playing like rooks.

tl/dr version: Unless the kids fall apart completely. They are going to get plenty of playing time.

2 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Am I the only one who's excited about Butler? Everybody does know that he's the most physically gifted DT that Gettleman has drafted, right? He has the size of Star and the athletic ability of KK. How can you not be stoked about that?

To see how he's progressed from day 1, until now, is pretty amazing.  I'm definitely excited about him.

Archived