• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Psssssssssssst... There is a Panthers game this week...

Jeremy Igo

I actually want to win these preseason games because I don't think I can handle the ensuing posts about "superbowl hangover," "this team isn't taking it seriously," and my fave "_____ reporter is trying to write incendiary headlines!!"

I actually watch the backups for specific players so I really want to see the RBs, Byrd and the backup DEs. Can't wait to see Wegher again, his suddenness pops off the screen. 

Those of us who can't go to camp have barely gotten more looks at Delaire and Norwood than the rookies.

36 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

I'm curious to see how much work Bradberry and Worley get.  They're firmly entrenched as Day 1 starters, but at the same time they're rookies.  Odd situation for the coaches.

Firmly entrenched as day 1 starters?  I don't think so. 

Most rookie CBs aren't ready to be anything more than a situational player week 1.  Preseason for these guys is going to show exactly what they can do and how they can fit in. 

They are going to get lots of work this preseason.  Coaches are going to want to know if they need FA CBs before the season starts 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Firmly entrenched as day 1 starters?  I don't think so. 

Most rookie CBs aren't ready to be anything more than a situational player week 1.  Preseason for these guys is going to show exactly what they can do and how they can fit in. 

They are going to get lots of work this preseason.  Coaches are going to want to know if they need FA CBs before the season starts 

You misconstrue.  As of now, if the regular season started tomorrow, they'd be starting.  They've had the most work, and outside of McClain, there hasn't been anyone challenging them.  I'm not considering wild cards like FAs.

Archived