• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Psssssssssssst... There is a Panthers game this week...

Jeremy Igo

Panthers game Thursday night! Yes, it is only preseason. But I know for a fact that most of you would have gnawed off your right arm for a chance to watch a preseason game during the first week in July. 

That said... expectations for the game? How many series will the first string play? 

Are you hoping for a heavy dose of CAP and Wegher? Rivera has said he only wants Stewart to "break a sweat". Those two young guys may see a lot of action. 

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I'll be surprised if the starters play for more than 2 series. I'm gonna be watching Butler mostly. I want to see him get as many reps as he can handle. 

Sounds right. 

Although last year didn't they keep the first string offense in until they had a decent series? Seems like it. 

37 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sounds right. 

Although last year didn't they keep the first string offense in until they had a decent series? Seems like it. 

Yeah, I think you may be right. Hopefully, they will drive down and score on the first possession and send in the back ups this time.

Yes it's preseason, but I am stoked!

I see the first stringers only playing about 3 series.  Cap might play the entire first half, followed by Wegher playing most of the second.  Fozzy will get very limited reps to give those guys a breather.

i am most excited to see guys like Cash, Sandland, Simonson, Byrd, and Hill.  Also hope to see flashes out of the new secondary as well as Delaire, Miley, etc.. Either way, I'm excited that Panthers football is back!!!

Archived