• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Play of the Night - Brandon Wegher zigs and zags...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg said:

Have you ever seen CAP or Wegher just straight up punish somebody like Jstew? That's what makes Stew so special. He's 235 solid freaking muscle and still runs a 4.4.

That's why he was drafted in the 1st.  He is a legit NFL running back, but has always had lingering issues.

Stew will probably finish up his career as the Panthers best ever RB if I had to guess.

These chunk plays by CAP aren't just happening because it's practice. Against the Giants he had a 26 yard run, a catch for 14 and a catch for 20. Against Atlanta he had a 31 yarder. 

Last year's offense was a grind it out style. We need more big runs this year, we were 13th in 20+ runs. Not to be a hater but we all know Tolbert getting handoffs isn't going to give us that. Any 5 yard run he makes would've been 15 by CAP.

But I also heard he fumbled so none of it matters if he doesn't hold onto the ball.  

45 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

As I have been saying the whole offseason ..... Fozzy is the odd man out ...... Fozzy will not be on this team in 2016

You may be right and from a pure fan perspective id like to see Wegher because he is more exciting to watch and appears to be the more productive runner.

However... Im not so sure Fozzy is gone. I have no clue how the coaches grade these guys but from a logical standpoint, I'm sure they have criteria and skill sets numbered 1-10 for example. 

Fozzy isn't flashy and doesn't grade super high on any of them but I bet he ranks solid on most if not all of them. (Blocking, versatility, hands, etc) 

Again from a fan perspective I love Weghers story, potential and how he shows up and goes off on game day. Just dam difficult to replace a solid veteran. 

I trust the coaching staff. If Wegher goes off like he did last year I think we find a way to keep him, maybe at the expense of Fozzy, maybe someone else. Very tough choices. 

11 minutes ago, ShutDwn said:

These chunk plays by CAP aren't just happening because it's practice. Against the Giants he had a 26 yard run, a catch for 14 and a catch for 20. Against Atlanta he had a 31 yarder. 

Last year's offense was a grind it out style. We need more big runs this year, we were 13th in 20+ runs. Not to be a hater but we all know Tolbert getting handoffs isn't going to give us that. Any 5 yard run he makes would've been 15 by CAP.

But I also heard he fumbled so none of it matters if he doesn't hold onto the ball.  

Yep,  stretched out for the goal post and fumbled. 

4 hours ago, Cam El said:

'Player X has a good chance of making the roster' is becoming a redundant theme. Coaches have some tough decisions, coming.

Roster building over the last few years has been good enough that we are now in the position of likely having to cut good players.

It's tough, but also a good problem to have.

Archived