• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers notes and photos - fan fest

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, ShutDwn said:

I think CAP and Wegher could prove they're good enough for Gettleman to be fine with rolling with them and whoever else they add. 

But knowing how Gettleman values positions, even if the RB class is great I think he'd value DE/TE/OT/WR way more than a RB.

What have u seen that makes you think he values OT. He's drafted 1 in 4 years

6 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

He's due.  Although extending Oher more/less rules out taking one in Rd 1.  Barring disaster from Williams and/or Remmers, one or two depth/projects on day 3 make the most sense right now.

7 hours ago, PhillyB said:

fozzy is and has always been a reliable back that makes big plays in big games. he's not going anywhere

Please give me a list of all these big plays he has made.  I can think of one screen play.  That's all.

So you think Fozzy is a lock and either CAP or Wegher will be cut?

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Please give me a list of all these big plays he has made.  I can think of one screen play.  That's all.

So you think Fozzy is a lock and either CAP or Wegher will be cut?

I don't have a list handy but he's had numerous big playoff appearances... or reliable if not big. He's the best blocking RB on the team and he doesn't fumble.

Wegher won't be cut, he'll be put in the practice squad.

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

Agreed, nothing automatic but I think DG is forward looking. Don't reach for a DE/RB in 2016 when you can get the same player 1 round later in the next draft. Value is taking from a deep position. I've posted on a febwpther threads that DE/RBs (effin auto correct really wants to make that Arabs) are really deep in 2017. Johnson is likely moving on to his last big contract and we save $5M in 2017 if Stewart is released (could resign like CJ). With the extra 3rd for Norman, we've easily got the ability to move our 2nd way up and grab 2 gems.

I've always liked Chubb and holy crap I'd love to see our offense with him out there. A two TE set for power running with KB, Sandland, Olsen and Funchess all able to go out on routes. How would you stop that on he goal line? You couldn't.

Idk, if we had the chance to get Fournette, I would be all in for the pick. The  running game would be set for the next decade and extend Cam's career.

17 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

You're right hog mollies only applies to guards and defensive tackles. If OT was BPA in rounds 1 and 2 he'd take both. 

To your point he'd taken 1 CB in 4 years before this past draft.. 

On 8/6/2016 at 10:30 AM, ctrcat said:

Other than DE there's no other glaring need in the next 1-3 years.

OT?

I know we just extended Oher, but still I think we'd want to be finding / grooming a future LT.

Also, C should be on our radar....

5 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

OT?

I know we just extended Oher, but still I think we'd want to be finding / grooming a future LT.

Also, C should be on our radar....

Extended Kalil as well.  In the Not For Long NFL, those are first world problems at worst at this point.

Archived