• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers notes and photos - fan fest

Jeremy Igo

Tight end Scott Simonson’s stock is rising. Simonson was able to spring free from Shaq Thompaon and catch a touchdown from Cam Newton. Simonson is in competition with Ed Dickson for a roster spot.

Love hearing about Simonson. If he keeps doing this, the only thing separating him from Dickson is blocking. Which btw, how is he doing in that department? Even still, we should go with Simonson based on age alone assuming he can keep this up.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Lou Young had better shape up. The Carolina Culture is fueled by smart players. Dude has already been warned by Rivera at least once about being smart. I know that he's trying to make the team, but how dumb would it be to hurt someone during practice with questionable play? 

The antics of young are getting old rather quickly for me as a fan, and that's just from hearing about them.

Yeah I don't like hearing about that. If he keeps doing that, go ahead and cut his ass.

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I wonder how much about Simonson is hoping to get rid of Dickson. That TD was 100% blown coverage by Shaq. Dickson had a nice catch getting by Kuechly and I thought that was a better display of a catch than the wide open Simonson catch. Sandland had the best catch of the three with the sliding TD. 

Very well said Beau's sliding TD was the 2nd most impressive play to Wegher turning the corner in the defense and zig zagging Teddy in my opinion

1 hour ago, ctrcat said:

With 7 picks in the first 6 rounds, it's nearly impossible to think RB wouldn't be one of them.  We need more than 2 RBs.  Other than DE there's no other glaring need in the next 1-3 years.  The ceiling for CAP and Wegher is average or maybe a little above by NFL standards, and that's more than OK considering one was a 5th rounder and the other was an UDFA.  But if a 6'4, 240 pound, 4.57 40 freak like Jalen Hurd, for example, is there...we'll see.

1 hour ago, ShutDwn said:

Well the RB class next year is awesome and neither of those guys are are going to stop us from picking up another. If we're picking late in the first that wouldn't be a reach for the position.

26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Echoing the same sentiment as above. While I think they'll be solid, don't think for a second that DG doesn't know how stacked RB is in next year's draft. We took Butler when we are loaded at DT (Love has looked good). I really like Nick Chubb and when I watched a couple games when he played with Gurley, I thought he was better. Maybe he isn't, but Chubb could be there at our 1st and goal and I wouldn't be surprised if we highly consider him. 

Would you really not want someone like Todd Gurley on your team because of CAP and Wegher? I sure as poo would. 

you guys all make great points. And I agree with you all. I trust Gettleman to draft well, and if BPA in the 1st is a stud running back, then I will celebrate it. I was more commenting on the stupidity of pundits who will no doubt say that because JStew might be leaving that we should automatically look to draft a running back due to need. That's not the way this team does the draft, but I'm sure they will say we should do it nonetheless

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Fozzy had very limited opportunities last night.  I don't care what the first depth chart shows...I think Fozzy will be the odd man out.

fozzy is and has always been a reliable back that makes big plays in big games. he's not going anywhere

7 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

you guys all make great points. And I agree with you all. I trust Gettleman to draft well, and if BPA in the 1st is a stud running back, then I will celebrate it. I was more commenting on the stupidity of pundits who will no doubt say that because JStew might be leaving that we should automatically look to draft a running back due to need. That's not the way this team does the draft, but I'm sure they will say we should do it nonetheless

I think CAP and Wegher could prove they're good enough for Gettleman to be fine with rolling with them and whoever else they add. 

But knowing how Gettleman values positions, even if the RB class is great I think he'd value DE/TE/OT/WR way more than a RB.

Archived