• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers notes and photos - fan fest

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

From a lot of the pics on FB it looked like attendance was poo compared to last year. I hope they don't do the ticket thing again.

It's nice to see some positive remarks on Butler! Seems like he's been pretty quiet so far.

I think a lot of it had to do with the rain, not the ticket system. 

Lou Young had better shape up. The Carolina Culture is fueled by smart players. Dude has already been warned by Rivera at least once about being smart. I know that he's trying to make the team, but how dumb would it be to hurt someone during practice with questionable play? 

The antics of young are getting old rather quickly for me as a fan, and that's just from hearing about them.

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Lou Young had better shape up. The Carolina Culture is fueled by smart players. Dude has already been warned by Rivera at least once about being smart. I know that he's trying to make the team, but how dumb would it be to hurt someone during practice with questionable play? 

The antics of young are getting old rather quickly for me as a fan, and that's just from hearing about them.

Young has only picked on the UDFA rookies.  I'd love to see him try out a late hit on Tolbert or Olsen. 

Been going to Panther games and events since they came around and typically have a good time but Newton has made game day experiences and fan fest so much more fun for the fan, he brings you in on the fun. It's pretty awesome and incredibly rare. I had gotten to the point that I'd rather watch the games at home on TV but the last few years with Newton, he makes you want to be there and be apart of the experience. 

18 minutes ago, Cat said:

Been going to Panther games and events since they came around and typically have a good time but Newton has made game day experiences and fan fest so much more fun for the fan, he brings you in on the fun. It's pretty awesome and incredibly rare. I had gotten to the point that I'd rather watch the games at home on TV but the last few years with Newton, he makes you want to be there and be apart of the experience. 

We're pretty damn lucky to have that dude. He's a decent QB too. 

27 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

"Between Artis-Payne and Wegher, the Panthers may not have to worry as much about an eventual Jonathan Stewart replacement"

And yet before next year's draft, every pundit is going to be saying that we need to draft a running back...

With 7 picks in the first 6 rounds, it's nearly impossible to think RB wouldn't be one of them.  We need more than 2 RBs.  Other than DE there's no other glaring need in the next 1-3 years.  The ceiling for CAP and Wegher is average or maybe a little above by NFL standards, and that's more than OK considering one was a 5th rounder and the other was an UDFA.  But if a 6'4, 240 pound, 4.57 40 freak like Jalen Hurd, for example, is there...we'll see.

53 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

"Between Artis-Payne and Wegher, the Panthers may not have to worry as much about an eventual Jonathan Stewart replacement"

And yet before next year's draft, every pundit is going to be saying that we need to draft a running back...

Well the RB class next year is awesome and neither of those guys are are going to stop us from picking up another. If we're picking late in the first that wouldn't be a reach for the position.

Archived